★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: If something looks real - it is real! If you don't see a problem - there is no problem at all. Just trust your eyes!

The regular laws of physics don't apply in Evo Explores. Even the gravity is under control of your imagination.

Manipulate surreal structures to solve mind blowing puzzles. Every level will unravel the history of Byte planet and its citizens.

Construct optical illusions to built impossible paths and guide Evo to the finish door.

Evo Explores was inspired by a gorgeous Monument Valley game. We are big fans of original game, but we love Evo Explores even more! Come share this feeling with us!

Features
- 35 unique mind blowing levels
- Relaxing gameplay. No need to hurry
- Accessible for all ages and for any experience in games
- No in-app purchases. Pay once and enjoy

KirillKuzyk's comments:

Hi, forum!

I'm an and indie developer from Ukraine and I want to tell you about Evo Explores.

More then tree months have been passed after Evo Explores was released on other mobile platforms. All this time I was polishing the game so iOS users can have best experience playing the game.

Evo Explores was built on top of Monument Valley's mechanics and I'm not hiding it. But I brought to the game several new mechanics that will blow your mind even more then original game did.

There are several games I took some ideas from. They are Echochrome (PS2 game) and Bloxorz (don't know if this original game or not).

If you want to read the story about development of the game, you're welcome here: IndieDB

If you liked MV and wanted to play more of it, like I did when I started development, Evo Explores is definitely for you.

Trailer: https://youtu.be/b-R6mh2gMHA
The most passionate review: https://youtu.be/W_-vpYwo5_g

Thanks for your attention! Feel free to ask questions or post your suggestions here. I'll answer you all. Cheers!
04-09-2016, 10:51 AM
They say imitation is the most sincere form of flattery right? I know we're gonna get a handful of people complaining that this is too much like Monument Valley, but man...screw that. This is flippin' great and I love that the devs have basically written a love letter to ustwo. I sincerely hope ustwo feel the same.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

04-09-2016, 03:43 PM
Thanks for kind words! I'll do my best to make a sequel even better!
04-09-2016, 04:15 PM
Simply I can say that I loved gameplay and mechanism. Yes it is like MV but this is not important for me. Because this is like most of platform or arcade games look like each other every time with little changes. And surprise that it has several languages as Turkish Thanks..
04-09-2016, 04:37 PM
Took a chance, not regretting it. Not just a sad clone of Monument Valley but a game that uses the style and mechanics while introducing new clever way to solve the puzzles. Makes me happy I got this.

This can stand on its own. Great game.
04-09-2016, 04:55 PM
Wow, I am impressed, this mekes me so happy, can't never have enough of these artsy fartsy games, great, congrats to the developer, this is a gem.
04-09-2016, 06:24 PM
This is much more my style than Dream Machine was. Really nice so far. I don't know if it's wrong to support these MV-inspired games, but I can't help myself. I want more MV and this is as close to it as we're going to get, I think. Plus, it has iCloud saves. Here's some gameplay video if anyone wants to see what it plays like:

04-09-2016, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppUnwrapper View Post
This is much more my style than Dream Machine was. Really nice so far. I don't know if it's wrong to support these MV-inspired games, but I can't help myself. I want more MV and this is as close to it as we're going to get, I think. Plus, it has iCloud saves. Here's some gameplay video if anyone wants to see what it plays like:

YouTube: video
Hi AppUnwrapper, don't feel guilty, why should you, each game out there borrows from another geme that is called evolution, I still might look like an Neanderthal but I play games like a human ha ha.
04-09-2016, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROGER-NL View Post
Hi AppUnwrapper, don't feel guilty, why should you, each game out there borrows from another geme that is called evolution, I still might look like an Neanderthal but I play games like a human ha ha.
I guess because this borrows so much that people might see screenshots and actually think it's more MV? Would love to know how ustwo feels about it. But it's really done nicely.
04-09-2016, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppUnwrapper View Post
I guess because this borrows so much that people might see screenshots and actually think it's more MV? Would love to know how ustwo feels about it. But it's really done nicely.
I think Ustwo is very busy with Monument Valley 2 that they don't even care, and I think they could do some inspiration from Dream Machine and Evo Explores up to use in their own game.