★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

NeoWars - node based tactical RTS game

04-10-2016, 11:57 AM
NeoWars - node based tactical RTS game [Looking for Beta Testers]

Hey there,

we want to introduce our game NeoWars. It's a node based real time strategy game inspired by Tentacle Wars and similar games like GalCon and Auralux. It will feature 50 levels, a story driven campaign and 35 different kinds of boosters/debuff and upgrades with different rarities as well as battles against up to 3 AIs.

You can register for beta access on our website.
Any feedback is appreciated .

The trailer

Youtube link | Pop Up

Gameplay Trailer

Youtube link | Pop Up

Gameplay Footage (Timelapses)

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

Some screenshots

Last edited by JoeCool; 05-13-2016 at 02:57 AM.
04-10-2016, 12:30 PM
I played GalCon a LOT. So I'm interested because of that!

04-10-2016, 12:50 PM
Great! If you are a long term Galcon player, we would love your feedback. It would be great if you could register for beta. We can also discuss feedback in this channel.
04-11-2016, 07:15 AM
this game looks very interesting ! I ll try
04-11-2016, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kripa1415` View Post
this game looks very interesting ! I ll try
Thank you! Glad to hear. Please consider subscribing for a beta test at our website! We would love to hear your feedback!
04-12-2016, 06:14 AM
Well this looks right up my street; played the hell out of GalCon.

Registered.
04-12-2016, 08:46 AM
Looks really interesting!
04-12-2016, 01:15 PM
Looks fun, just signed up for the beta
04-13-2016, 03:31 AM
If you could arrange for me to see the TestFlight invite 15 mins before I have to start the first day of my new job that would be grea...... Oh wait, you did! 😜

Well, based on the most cursory of glances I'm liking what I'm seeing. Slick as you like (with one exception I'll get to); love the UI and the graphics walk the line perfectly between form and function, imho.

I've only played the tutorial system so I won't comment on mechanics as of yet.

So for its being kind to my creaky old iPad 2 but who knows what more complex stages may bring. You shouldn't be held back by old kit anyway if it stifles your game.

The exception is the into. Is it a placeholder? Nothing intrinsically terrible about it but it doesn't sit right in a game that looks like it's going to be polished to a sheen. A personal opinion of course.

Looking forward to pouring time into this when that pesky job isn't in the way.
04-13-2016, 04:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaGonzo View Post
If you could arrange for me to see the TestFlight invite 15 mins before I have to start the first day of my new job that would be grea...... Oh wait, you did! 😜
Oops . Good luck with your new job, that is more important than any game out there!

Quote:
Well, based on the most cursory of glances I'm liking what I'm seeing. Slick as you like (with one exception I'll get to); love the UI and the graphics walk the line perfectly between form and function, imho.
Great, that is good to hear!

Quote:
I've only played the tutorial system so I won't comment on mechanics as of yet.
So for its being kind to my creaky old iPad 2 but who knows what more complex stages may bring. You shouldn't be held back by old kit anyway if it stifles your game.
It gets indeed more complex and levels get also bigger with more nodes. So its fairly possible that your old ipad will struggle. Nonetheless, we try to support as much devices as possible. So if you have performance issue let us know and we try to optimize it.

Quote:
The exception is the into. Is it a placeholder? Nothing intrinsically terrible about it but it doesn't sit right in a game that looks like it's going to be polished to a sheen. A personal opinion of course.
As you haven't received the latest change list as a new subscriber, yes its dummy and the next version will be with animations and more meaningful text .

Quote:
Looking forward to pouring time into this when that pesky job isn't in the way.
Looking forward to your feedback. Thank you for investing your precious time!