★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Storm Attack is OUT! (Promo Codes Included!)

10-08-2009, 01:27 AM
Storm Attack is OUT! (Promo Codes Included!)

10/8 - a promo code contest/giveaway has gone up in the contest forum!

Let's get to the goods first:

Codes - They're all gone now (thanks to djflippy for pointing that out). I'll be starting another giveaway/contest in the contest thread later tonight for those interested.

Full Version
FREE Lite Version

Please let others know which codes you took. Also, if you get a code, an honest rating/review on the App Store would be much appreciated.

I'll be starting a code giveaway/contest in the contest thread tomorrow. Check there for more!

So... what's Storm Attack?

Storm Attack is a fast-paced arcade block-blasting game from Rhock & Rholl Studios. Players are tasked with dragging, arranging, and zapping away a constant stream of falling blocks, with a simple goal in mind: score as many points as possible before a stack of blocks reaches the top of the screen. However, every 60 seconds, a storm rolls in and rains down a swarm of fast-moving blocks. Storm sizes increase as the game goes on. Additionally, players need to keep an eye on their ammo, as they’ll need it to destroy blocks.

The storm and ammo systems are what set Storm Attack apart from similar titles. The storm system adds a challenging time component, as players need to get the playfield reasonably clear every minute. Additionally, the ammo system adds a layer of resource management, encouraging players to think carefully about how they arrange their blocks, and which clusters they destroy.

Additional Features

• Full AGON Online integration, including:
• 35 awards (achievements) to unlock
• Online leaderboards
• Friends lists
• Facebook/Twitter integration
• Stat-tracking
• Shake Storms – shaking the device forces a mini-storm, refilling some of the playfield and allowing advanced players to adjust difficulty on-the-fly
• Multiple music tracks, with an option for players to listen to their own
• Auto-save functionality
• In-game tutorial

Check out the video and screenshots below.

Hope to see some new faces on the leaderboards!

--Mike

Youtube link | Pop Up

Visit the official website!
Follow Storm Attack on Twitter!
Become a Facebook Fan!

Last edited by Mike_RNR; 10-11-2009 at 08:59 PM. Reason: edited code status (a little late, yeah)
10-08-2009, 01:30 AM
Promo

Took the first code thanks

10-08-2009, 01:34 AM
Took WMEKFH6LRMTP
Thanks!

Will post impressions soon.

My law: Play any game you get starting on it's hardest difficulty. It's less fun and more frustrating that way
10-08-2009, 01:35 AM
HWJY9J4RRMPE is mine, thanks!
10-08-2009, 01:59 AM
Just played the game for a few minutes, I was under the impression it's a Match 3 game, but it's certainly more stressful than a match 3 game.

The gameplay is, yellow and red blocks fall randomly. After 60 seconds A STORM COMES, and then blocks fall rapidly for a few seconds. You can clear any same color blocks touching each other at anytime, but have limited ammo. If you destroy 1-5 blocks touching, you lose one ammo, 6-9 don't lose any, 10+ gain one ammo. You start with 3 ammo so losing one can be a big deal. Gameplay is quite simple, and games can last for a few seconds, a few minutes, or even longer, depending how good you are.

The game is stressful in that, you want to wait for more blocks to stack, for a higher bonus, but as soon as it reaches the top, game over.

I can compare how this game is played with Run!...in terms of it's pretty fun to pick up and play every now and again. Stats, awards, and online leaderboards also help with the replayability.

My law: Play any game you get starting on it's hardest difficulty. It's less fun and more frustrating that way
10-08-2009, 02:20 AM
Thanks for the well-thought-out impressions, Hare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harejordan View Post
I was under the impression it's a Match 3 game, but it's certainly more stressful than a match 3 game.
One of the things I like to stress about Storm Attack is that it is not a match-3 game (it's very easy to jump to that conclusion based on the screenshots). While the "tap block, destroy blocks of same colors" principle is there, the ammo system makes the experience fundamentally different. The storms also present a different kind of time-based, stressful element... the nervous reactions of some of the early gameplay testers were pretty funny
10-08-2009, 02:57 AM
its very fun! but i wish there was a difficulty setting so that I could jump right into a tougher game from the start.

Currently Playing::Meteor Blitz, EW Jim, Boost 3D, COD: Zombies, Eliminate::
10-08-2009, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veratek View Post
its very fun! but i wish there was a difficulty setting so that I could jump right into a tougher game from the start.
Thanks Veratek! Early on in development, we actually had an Advanced Mode that would start you at level 10. Ultimately, we decided to remove it and implement Shake Storms instead.

Cutting the Advanced Mode outright was probably a mistake. We will put it (or some variant that increases difficulty) back in with the first major update.
10-08-2009, 11:38 AM
All the codes are gone, BTW.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
10-08-2009, 01:40 PM
Thanks djflippy - original post has been edited accordingly. For those still interested, check the promo code forum later tonight - I'll be starting a giveaway/contest.