★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Hook Champ - New Trailers + Upcoming Release Sale

10-08-2009, 01:40 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Hook Champ - New Trailers + Upcoming Release Sale

Hook Champ is a retro inspired adventure-platformer about using your grappling hook to swing through haunted ruins. Complicating this are the specter-like guardians of the ancient artifacts you're stealing. To help you survive, you can buy character upgrades using treasure you collect. This includes buying new hats and items like rocket powered boots or the thrice-blessed shotgun.

The game has already been submitted to Apple. When the game is released, we're going to have a 66% off sale. The price of the game for the opening weekend will just be 99 cents. This will be the biggest sale we'll have for the game, so get it while it's hot.

Until the game's available for the app store, I'll be posting trailers to this thread. I'll also be around to answer any questions. Hope you like youtube videos. Newest videos at the top:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by Kepa; 10-09-2009 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Added Bull Trailer
10-08-2009, 01:51 AM
woohoo! Very good I will be buying this when it comes out

Username for GameCenter, Plus+, OpenFeint, Crystal, Agon, and others: xFinch713x
Xbox Live: ISMFOFinch

10-08-2009, 01:52 AM
I was fortunate enough to beta test this, and I truly love it. One of my all time favorites so far.

Front Page Tug Boat Chief Engineer
Check out the awesome Fuzion: Age of Wordcraft website
Follow me and the game on Twitter
preview thread (Fuzion is still in development)
10-08-2009, 07:43 AM
THIS IS MY FAVE game EVAR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoo View Post
Something along the lines of "You have bought 10 hats! A new hat is available for purchase in the store". But no hat.

Edit: I realize I am overly concerned about this hat.
10-08-2009, 05:07 PM
Nothing like it. Truly original one of my favorite games the best thing you can buy cool hats
10-08-2009, 05:08 PM
Can't wait for this to be released

10-08-2009, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmx View Post
I was fortunate enough to beta test this, and I truly love it. One of my all time favorites so far.
To tell you the truth I definitely turned a blind eye on this but since pharmx said this is one of his all time favorites seems like I have to check this out once its out.

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
10-08-2009, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyye06 View Post
To tell you the truth I definitely turned a blind eye on this but since pharmx said this is one of his all time favorites seems like I have to check this out once its out.
There's just something really satisfying about swinging through the caves, especially when you get on a roll with the right timing for the grapple/reel/swing. There's also some really good replay elements like going back through previously finished levels to get money to upgrade equipment. Plus online leaderboards for bragging rights, a good dose of humor, and retro graphics that bring back nostalgic memories. It may not be for everyone, but I really love this one It took me a little bit to get the hang of swinging fluidly, but once you learn how, it's a ton of fun.

Front Page Tug Boat Chief Engineer
Check out the awesome Fuzion: Age of Wordcraft website
Follow me and the game on Twitter
preview thread (Fuzion is still in development)
10-08-2009, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmx View Post
There's just something really satisfying about swinging through the caves, especially when you get on a roll with the right timing for the grapple/reel/swing. There's also some really good replay elements like going back through previously finished levels to get money to upgrade equipment. Plus online leaderboards for bragging rights, a good dose of humor, and retro graphics that bring back nostalgic memories. It may not be for everyone, but I really love this one It took me a little bit to get the hang of swinging fluidly, but once you learn how, it's a ton of fun.
Sad to say I didn't even give it the time of the day because of the first screenshots. Hopefully others don't make the mistake as I did, from reading the descriptions sounds to be a very interesting game.

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
10-08-2009, 05:46 PM
Great Game

As soon as I saw this game was in need of beta testers I instanly joined. One of my favourite game on my iPhone. You should pick this one up. The physics are great and graphics and slot nicer than the video makes them look. Buy it and you won't be disapointed