★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Welcome to the theatre of your mind. Tonight we have an engaging program, featuring a familiar cast. Fulfill all 6 plays in order to continue your journey.

Tap on the arrows to navigate inside the cube.
Interact with objects by tapping. Select found items in your inventory and tap somewhere on screen to use them.

Cube Escape: Theatre is the eighth episode of the Cube Escape series and is a continuation of the Rusty Lake story. We will unfold Rusty Lake mysteries one step at a time. So check RustyLake.com every day for new content and follow us: @rustylakecom.
04-11-2016, 03:07 PM
Allllllrighty
Started this thread so everyone knows theres a new one )

04-11-2016, 03:19 PM
Another weird one (beware of toilets in Rusty Lake games). I'm working on a walkthrough if anyone needs help: http://www.appunwrapper.com/2016/04/...through-guide/

Also, the game didn't save for me, so be careful. You might want to finish it in one sitting if you can.

Edit: My walkthrough's now complete.

Last edited by AppUnwrapper; 04-12-2016 at 07:49 AM.
04-11-2016, 04:07 PM
Rusty Lake!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here I go down the rabbit hole...
04-12-2016, 02:25 AM
Just finished, man, these rusty lake games just keep getting better and better. I'm thoroughly invested in this series and its lynchian mythology.
04-12-2016, 07:25 AM
One of my fav developer ....!!! Soo great these
Cube escape games
04-12-2016, 07:51 AM

To be honest Cube Escape: Theatre from LoyaltyGame B.V. kinda left me with mixed feelings about it and I`m still unsure about if the Game was just too rough around the corners or if I had expected too much of the Game after I had seen the Intro.

But let`s start from the beginning: Cube Escape: Theatre has a really nice done Intro that totally caught me from the first moment and raised my expectations very high to what might follow afterwards and I kinda got an Film Noir feeling similar to Agent A: A puzzle in disguise from Yak & Co.

The Main Game is split up into seven smaller parts of an Art Performance at a theater where the Game does take place.

To make it short: Yes you will have your usual Try & Eror Runs if it comes to some of the Puzzles and yes some of those are harder while others are as easy as they could be if you take a closer look at your surrounding but considering that the first 30. ~ 60. Minutes of any Game should actually make sure that you get hooked up and then don`t want to stop playing the Game Cube Escape: Theatre feels often more like a Rodeo Ride then actually an Puzzle Game where you can in the end connect all dots and everything makes finally some kind of sense.

It`s just that the Game, at least at the beginning feels like someone had those Puzzles prepared over some time and then kinda, and I know that this might sound kinda harsh, tossed those into an Game where they sometimes feel totally out of place.

Conclusion:

I`m really not sure what to think about Cube Escape: Theatre from LoyaltyGame. I really like the Intro and some of the puzzles in the Game are really nicely done but on the other hand some of the other parts of the game feel just to rough around the edges and that does more or less kinda ruin it for me.

I wish this wouldn`t be the case and I really, really want to like the Game and enjoy playing it but I don`t know why and can hardly explain it but Cube Escape: Theatre just doesn`t make me want to keep playing it since there seem to be something that does tell me Nope and I`m having a real hard time to explain it what it might be.

Raiting: 3/5 - If you enjoy playing Puzzle Games you might enjoy playing Cube Escape: Theatre otherwise I`m pretty sure you wont miss it if you have never played it even once.
04-12-2016, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Wolf View Post
Allllllrighty
Started this thread so everyone knows theres a new one )
Thanks for making this thread!

@Sanuku thanks for sharing your experience! I think this is the first time you've played one of our Cube Escape games. As you might have read, it's the eighth episode in the series, so guess the whole story/vibe and even some puzzles will make a lot more sense if you've played the other parts as well. Hope you will try them out, you can find the correct order to play here: http://www.rustylake.com/apps/
04-12-2016, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatEscaper View Post
Just finished, man, these rusty lake games just keep getting better and better. I'm thoroughly invested in this series and its lynchian mythology.
Thank you
04-12-2016, 09:10 AM
Love these games I remember playing the mini game in Burthday, teasing the name and was so excited.