★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Beta testers needed for Monster Trainer

04-12-2016, 01:47 AM
Beta testers needed for Monster Trainer - A Pokemon-ish Shmup

Hi guys,
We're developing Monster Trainer, a shoot-them-up game in which you will be collecting and training cute monsters.
(Think of a Pokemon-ish shmup)

We have done an early alpha version with the core gameplay that we're really excited to play with, and now we want to share it with you.
Here are some concept art and animations of some monsters in the game:

If you want to be one of the earliest players trying this game, please send me your Test Flight ID.
(We haven't got to the optimization part yet, so iPhone 5 or newer are preferred)
The first beta test program will start soon in a few days.

We are also crowdsourcing ideas for the full version of the game, so if you've been dreamt of something cool, let us know. We will try our best to make it into the game.

Currently we're thinking of collecting monsters, feeding them, breeding them, and of course evolving them. What do you think?

Last edited by SpiritBomb Studios; 04-12-2016 at 02:51 AM.
04-13-2016, 12:04 AM
Here's a gameplay trailer we've just made:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Please note that although we call it a "beta test", the game is still in very early phase of development (it's been only 3 weeks).
We want to add so many features and content to the game, and we are listening to your feedback and suggestions to make it one of the coolest games ever.
Stay tuned.

Last edited by SpiritBomb Studios; 04-13-2016 at 03:36 AM.

04-13-2016, 08:53 PM
Looks great.
I'm in.
I've sent you my Test Flight ID
04-13-2016, 11:48 PM
Build approved

Hi guys,
The build has been approved by Apple.
You should check for Test Flight invitation now.

Thanks
04-14-2016, 05:38 AM
So i've tested the game. It was fun and the control is very responsive. The only thing I can suggest to improve this game is that you have to atleast put some life bar on the character. I noticed that there is no second chance when an enemy hit you.

iOS/Android GamePlay and Trailers Channel - I play games 24/7. Sleep is for the weak!

04-14-2016, 07:05 AM
Interested

I would like to beta test the app and stream it let me know if I can join. I'm beta testing a few apps right now so I would be excited to help

TestFlight email is:
kylerrapp@live.com
04-14-2016, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limelight View Post
So i've tested the game. It was fun and the control is very responsive. The only thing I can suggest to improve this game is that you have to atleast put some life bar on the character. I noticed that there is no second chance when an enemy hit you.
@Limelight: Thanks for your suggestion, we tried putting a life bar before, but it makes the game a bit too relaxing. We decided that we want to make an intense experience that users must be very careful and concentrating to survive.
Instead, we will make additional features such as monster upgrading, equipment, etc. to make your squad stronger.

@Killerrap: Thanks for being interested. I have added you to Test Flight. Enjoy!
04-14-2016, 09:48 PM
Smooth

Awesome! The game is very challenging and fun.
I have unlocked 2 monster pets. They are so cute!
Here's my best so far, still trying to beat the first boss
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0908.PNG
Views:	4
Size:	350.2 KB
ID:	101861  
04-17-2016, 08:26 PM
Thanks.
We have got very positive feedback from many testers.
There are still some Test Flight slots left, anyone interested please let me know.
04-18-2016, 05:56 AM
Im really interested to become a beta tester