★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Wildcard Pro Surfing - On Sale Now

10-08-2009, 02:26 AM
Wildcard Pro Surfing - On Sale Now

Wildcard Pro Surfing has finally been approved..
On sale for US $1.99

App store link:

Youtube Gameplay Demo:

10-08-2009, 02:40 AM
Too lazy to click the links :D

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 10-08-2009 at 02:43 AM.

10-08-2009, 03:22 AM
congrats! DL'ed, snowed under with beta versions to test so will give it a try when I find the time!

Playing: Solipskier, Edge, Ground Effect, Bobble Surfer, Minigore, 2012 Zombies vs Aliens, iSR, Pocket God, Slotz, Zen Bound 2, Crazy Snowboard, Vector Tank, ...
10-08-2009, 06:59 AM
It's not bad but please get rid of that terrible coleco/atari type sound effect during 'ready' before everytime you start.
What would ever possess anyone to create such a pretty looking game with nice ocean sounds and say 'yeah, this is the perfect sound effect for the ready screen'.
It's like razor blades.
I never complain about little things like this, but it's turning into a big thing for me.

As for the rest of the game, I actually like the gameplay once I got used to it.

Believe it or not, that terrible sound just might keep me away though. An update can't come fast enough.
I am not one to turn off sound effects either, nothing worse than a mute game.
10-08-2009, 09:09 AM
Thanks for the feedback. Sorry the ready beep is causing you concern. Will definately consider changing that on the next update. As always, we welcome all criticism as it only leads to a better product and we value all user's input.
10-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Ooh... I'm downloading it right now!

Add me on Game Center: weisome
Beta Tested: America's Next Top Model, Earth Vs Moon, iPlutoid, Minigore, Ground Effect, GeoSpin, Contre Jour
12-10-2009, 02:12 AM
Game Impressions

Just got it.

It's good for $.99, but it's not the surfing game I've been hoping for. The character's orientation to the board doesn't ever change, and as a surfer I feel constantly off-balance when playing. I'm always trying to tip the device forward to get the character's center of gravity right, and it's hard to make myself turn properly when the character looks like he's about to fall over.