★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Back before there were cats, there were HedgeHogers...

HedgeHogers is a story of courage and friendship in the face of tyrannical oppression, set against the backdrop of Hedge!

Help the 3 HedgeHogers, Hedgie, Spikey and Nukie, reclaim their beloved Hedge from the pesky talons of Fintan the eagle owl.

HedgeHogers is an incredibly fun yet tricksy mixture of collision physics and time-based puzzles, following 3 unique HedgeHogers through 4 beautiful seasons.

Features:

* Over 100 Hand-Crafted Levels
* 3 Unique HedgeHogers with Special Powers
* Elastic Collision Physics in Zero Gravity
* Full Game with No In-App Purchases or Hidden Costs
* 4 Beautiful Seasons
* No 3rd Party Ads
* 39 Game Center Achievements
* Original Music
* 6 Types of Magic Balloon
* Lots of Hedge
* Multiple Ways to Complete Levels
* Suitable for Left or Right-Handed Players
* Unique Sound Effects
* Top HedgeHogers Leaderboard
* Spiky Bits
* No Push Notifications - the HedgeHogers dont like annoying you
* App Store Exclusive
* Native Graphics for each Device Type for Maximum Quality

Player Quotes:

- My left leg went dead from sitting on the toilet playing HedgeHogers for far too long.

- It's very addictive!

- "Graphics are gorgeous.

- "Not as easy as it looks!"

- "In your face Fintan!

- "Oh no! Oh yeah! Excellent!

- "Doesn't give away golds easily. I like it, it keeps me interested.

- "Ohhh Hedgie! Love it Hedgie, love it!

- This one messes with your...oh my...! Woooo! Ok, I'm going to have to count this...ok, so 5 seconds...YESSSSS!"

- "What? It floated away!? Oh you have to be fast, the owl is safe in his house!

A little tip on completing levels: The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein (attributed)

While HedgeHogers may not increase your metacognitive function, it should hopefully give you a giggle.

Warning: May improve your ability to visualise angles, play pool and cultivate hedge.

Thank you for taking a look at HedgeHogers, I hope you enjoy the game and have some laughs along the way,

Shane

ShaneO'Reilly's comments:

Click image for larger version

Name:	HedgeHogers ScreenShots Small.png
Views:	34
Size:	731.4 KB
ID:	101772

Hi gang,

After 3 long years of working on it, i'm finally releasing my game HedgeHogers today. It may not look like the next revolutionary jump in the gaming industry, but I dare you to play it and not find it addictively fun or laugh out loud at its unique character. Or maybe that's just everyone I know saying nice things about it because they have to! I'd love to know what you think.

Thanks,

Shane
04-12-2016, 08:37 PM
I think the price for this will put most people off

04-13-2016, 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul99 View Post
I think the price for this will put most people off
Thanks for the feedback Paul99. I've struggled with the price, there is such a variety on the app store for various levels of quality. At least I can offer some sales down the road.
04-13-2016, 02:15 AM
Setting the price must be one of the most difficult aspects of releasing a game. Four bucks is fine with me, and I celebrate (and buy) premium games with enthusiasm. I absolutely love hedgehogs so this was an instabuy for me. I'll post impressions soon as I've had a chance to play for a bit.
04-13-2016, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentia View Post
Setting the price must be one of the most difficult aspects of releasing a game. Four bucks is fine with me, and I celebrate (and buy) premium games with enthusiasm. I absolutely love hedgehogs so this was an instabuy for me. I'll post impressions soon as I've had a chance to play for a bit.
Thanks Valentia for buying the game and for the vote of confidence! I too prefer to buy premium games and avoid ads or IAP but I know I'm in the minority. Hope you enjoy it and thanks again.
04-13-2016, 09:01 AM
Well the price doesn't intimidate me lol I don't get ppl who thinks 4 bucks is too much for a full game then turn around and spend ten twenty and more buying gems for some lame f2p. Anyway rant aside, I can't wait to dive into this it looks great!
04-13-2016, 09:05 AM
Full game no in ads ? I'll be glad to pay your $3.99!
I'll be buying this when I get home tonight from work.
Looks awesome
04-13-2016, 09:20 AM
This game is really great, it's a physics puzzle that kinda reminds me of tiny empire. Just beat spring now I'm trying to get all my golden hedgehogs before moving on
04-13-2016, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa View Post
Well the price doesn't intimidate me lol I don't get ppl who thinks 4 bucks is too much for a full game then turn around and spend ten twenty and more buying gems for some lame f2p. Anyway rant aside, I can't wait to dive into this it looks great!
I'm glad i'm not the only one Repulsa! I was worried it was just me that was old school and liked to buy a game once rather than rent it.
04-13-2016, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayg2015 View Post
Full game no in ads ? I'll be glad to pay your $3.99!
I'll be buying this when I get home tonight from work.
Looks awesome
Thank you! I find ads so distracting to gameplay and I'd much rather buy a premium game but I know that is not everyone.