★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Relax and build the nicest, the tallest, the most perfect house of cards you can imagine.
You have two 52 cards decks to build (or try to do so) the house of cards of your dreams.
Castle of Cards was made around multitouch input to recreate the real-life experience including some of the required patience and induced frustration :)

With a perfect balance of realism and simplification it is easy to pick but hard to master.

Pick a scenario from a growing a list to build your Castle of Cards !

Select "Competitive" mode to compete online via GameCenter and build the tallest card tower with a limited number of "undo" actions.

Pick music from your library or enjoy the classic piano pieces the game comes with.

Reach us on our website, Facebook , Twitter or via email at coc@frozenpepper.it with suggestions and feedback, we really hope you'll like it and help us shape future updates (Harder difficulty modes coming really soon as first planned update).

TIPS:
- Hold the cards with your thumbs and use the index fingers to rotate them for the most precise placing.
- You can adjust the offset between the card and your touch in the settings panel.
- Another very useful tip (works in real life too) is to first release one card (while leaning on second one) and then very gently adjust the second one before releasing it.

FrozenPepper's comments:

Very happy to write that our latest game has been released on the AppStore !

Castle of Cards was born as a diversion from our more "intense" work on other titles, and built specifically around multitouch possibilities that modern touch screen devices offer, it wants to recreate the experience of building houses of cards in real life with some of the advantages a digital version offers (Undo's and saving especially ) .

With a perfect balance of realism, simplification and touch controls you will have to plan your construction and be precise with every card you place to build the highest tower.

In competitive mode you will have a limited number of "Undo" actions to compete on a online leaderboard for the tallest construction.

Game is currently priced 0.99$ as a special launch price so grab it as soon as possible

We have already many new features and improvements planned and would be more than happy to hear your feedback and suggestion to make the game even better.

And here are 2 promo codes for Castle of Cards

9LPPKKMYT4NM
YH6MR7XME466

(Please post the code you used)

UPDATE :
Here is a screenshot from the first of new the scenarios coming with next update of Castle of Cards

SPACE STATION !
and

Medieval scenario !

Each scenario will come with a specific soundscape and soundtrack, to fully immerse the player.

Also, we have released a free version of Castle of Cards, check it out at the following link :
AppStore LINK
04-13-2016, 11:25 AM
Didn't expect it to still be available, but I grabbed YH6MR7XME466. Thanks!

04-13-2016, 11:31 AM
Both codes used not by me I must add
04-13-2016, 12:58 PM
Any tips on this? I'm finding it very hard to control, since you seem to need to hold the two cards with two fingers and then tilt them with another two? I wish there was a way to adjust them without having to also hold onto them. As is, I'm finding the controls too frustrating to really hold my attention.
04-13-2016, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppUnwrapper View Post
Any tips on this? I'm finding it very hard to control, since you seem to need to hold the two cards with two fingers and then tilt them with another two? I wish there was a way to adjust them without having to also hold onto them. As is, I'm finding the controls too frustrating to really hold my attention.
Great thanks for your feedback ! We are using the 2 thumbs to hold and move the cards and the 2 index fingers to rotate the cards. In some situation we do the opposite (index to hold and thumb to rotate) as rotation works also below the holding touch.
About being able to adjust them without the need to hold them, we had tested that too, but made the all game to easy, we can surely add a super "relaxing" mode with that option altho.
In principle and in our tests, once you get hold of the controls, they grant great satisfaction as they give a sense of actually manipulating a real card and you have to be careful and precise not to drop it or miss-place it. Surely it can feel a little bit as "Twister" for fingers at times.

Last edited by FrozenPepper; 04-13-2016 at 01:22 PM.
04-13-2016, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppUnwrapper View Post
Another very useful tip (works in real life too) is to first release one card (while leaning on second one) and then very gently adjust the second one before releasing it.

Also have 3 more promo codes to share !
PRL9HTMXAXTE
RTLJM9H7HNKE
PJKYHXT97WWW

Please post used ones.
04-13-2016, 08:35 PM
Wow. I came here to buy the game and scored a code too. PRL9HTMXAXTE

If it's as cool as I'm hoping I'll happily gift a copy to a friend for the share.
04-13-2016, 08:40 PM
sneaky code takers please come back with imps!
04-13-2016, 09:10 PM
Wow... This looks fun and unique!
04-13-2016, 09:29 PM
Neat.

Last edited by rezn; 04-13-2016 at 11:51 PM.