★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: THIS GAME IS NOT FOR EVERYONE. SUPER HIGH DIFFICULTY.
Designed for classic gamers who loves speed running, jumping, dodging killer obstacles though levels after levels.

Features:
- Over 90 stages to conquer
- Race against the "Replay Spirit Of Your Best Time" of each stage
- 50 character skins to unlock through mastery of the game, NOT by paying currencies of any kind
- Only ONE SINGLE IAP TO UNLOCK FULL GAME, no timers, no energy, no premium currencies watsoever

dev note: if the game does ok, I'd really like to add MFi controller support. I can't afford one now to test with.

~If you have any issues/complains about the game, please send details to support@unexpect3rd.com or message www.facebook.com/unexpect3rd-

Here is a video walkthrough of World 1 - Beating the Medal Times
https://youtu.be/SzuIfegB_k8

unexpect3rd's comments:

Unforgiving

unexpect3rd
Genres: Games Action Entertainment Arcade
Free

Quote:
This game is not for everyone. Designed for classic gamers who loves speed running, jumping, dodging killer obstacles though levels after levels.

Features:
- Over 90 stages to conquer
- Race against the "Replay Spirit Of Your Best Time" of each stage
- 50 character skins to unlock through mastery of the game, NOT by paying currencies of any kind
- Only ONE SINGLE IAP TO UNLOCK FULL GAME, no timers, no energy, no premium currencies watsoever

dev note: if the game does ok, I'd really like to add MFi controller support. I can't afford one now to test with.

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone4
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.0

Download Size: 17.7MB

04-13-2016, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Sounds like front row pass to a Collective Soul concert.

04-13-2016, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
It'll take a couple hundreds of sales for me to afford such a pass
04-13-2016, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Torture?
04-13-2016, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke12 View Post
Torture?
LOL no...mi friggin love collective soul. Hahaha.
04-13-2016, 05:35 PM
Impressions... I love the game. Forgot i was on my US account so im not able to purchase the full version yet, but it removes ads, and adds a ton more content, all for $1.99.

Controls need a little getting used-to because of the jump physics. Basically jump animates pretty quick, so maneuvering midair can get tricky, and is required pretty much every stage.

No manual moving the control buttons, but has a few positioning options and button sizes for the left, right, and jump buttons.

One thing id like to suggest is to remove the jump button and utilize the entire right side of the screen as an invisible jump button. A few times i missed jumps coz i wasnt pressing on the button image. At the very least, the active area for the jump button needs to be larger.

Pretty fun, and pretty brutal. I suggest giving it a try. Tis good, and tis premium.
04-13-2016, 06:29 PM
Quote:
LOL no...mi friggin love collective soul. Hahaha.
Yea, jk havent really heard it at all
04-13-2016, 06:31 PM
Pretty damn humble for the dev to give themselves a 4 star. Pretty sweet bought iap.
04-13-2016, 09:58 PM
Quote:
One thing id like to suggest is to remove the jump button and utilize the entire right side of the screen as an invisible jump button. A few times i missed jumps coz i wasnt pressing on the button image. At the very least, the active area for the jump button needs to be larger.

Pretty fun, and pretty brutal. I suggest giving it a try. Tis good, and tis premium.
Thank You @Exact-Psience for the impression!

Thats a good call, why the hell didnt i think of it, I'll remember to make that jump button tweak in an update. For now, do note that the press areas for the directions and jump is the entire column of the screen, not just the arrow image itself (that was my take away from a certain famous ios platformer)

@Duke12 I had to google Collective Souls, cos I'd lived under a rock in a backwater country.

@H4nd0fg0d Thanks for the support! Hopefully I can justify a MFi controller purchase and add support for it I took a star off my self evaluation because I know the game's harrrrddd as hell
04-13-2016, 10:45 PM
Editors choice?