★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: 10tons Ltd
  • Genre: Word
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 41.5 MB
  • Version: 1.1.4
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 3 (1)
App description: Blast fiends by spelling words and make your way to the top of the Spellspire!

Spellspire is a thrilling mashup of word game and action role playing game. Pick letters from a grid to spell words and shoot them from your wand as spells. The longer the word, the bigger the blast! Collect gold dropped by slain monsters and buy more potent wands, hats and robes with magical special effects and abilities. Will you reach the top of the Spellspire, and what will you find?

Features:
- Exciting mashup of word game and action role playing game
- Pick letters to spell words
- Collect gold and buy better items between levels
- Use consumable magical items to push through tough encounters
- Team up against the monsters with your Facebook friends!
- iCloud support for save games
- Supports iPhone 6 / Plus new resolutions!

Boardumb's comments:

04-13-2016, 10:26 PM
Looks cool.

04-13-2016, 10:53 PM
This has apparently been in soft launch since 2014... that's a LOT of polishing
04-13-2016, 11:05 PM
I always loved 10tons games. From the release of the App Store to my years on BlackBerry. The last few releases have been a bit too F2P for my tastes though. Hopefully this will have a premium option or a better F2P model. Looks rad.
04-14-2016, 02:31 AM
Oops, already burnt my lives...

It's been a while since i played an educational/stay in touch wordgame, that's why i prefer games where possible words get highlighted. This way i can try to score some Hail Mary's in the end, at least, though i rather have enough time to look up my dictionary here and there.

Not english native, time pressure and life system is simply too fast, too lethal for me. Here is so much stuff to buy/popping up, please tell me i missed the get-rid-of-lives iap.
04-14-2016, 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Anarchy View Post
This has apparently been in soft launch since 2014... that's a LOT of polishing
What a news

iOS/Android GamePlay and Trailers Channel - I play games 24/7. Sleep is for the weak!

04-14-2016, 09:05 AM
I've only played the first five stages. Early impression here is this is fun.

I like how I can quickly tap in the words as I find them. There's various weapons, armor, and hats to earn and upgrade.

As expected there's IAP for coins. I do see a couple non-consumable items for 50% more monster gold and a 2nd timer chest with goodies.
04-14-2016, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by indalico View Post
I've only played the first five stages. Early impression here is this is fun.

I like how I can quickly tap in the words as I find them. There's various weapons, armor, and hats to earn and upgrade.

As expected there's IAP for coins. I do see a couple non-consumable items for 50% more monster gold and a 2nd timer chest with goodies.
The IAPs seem tame but I wasn't able to see a permanent IAP for the timers (lives)... Is there anything that would counter that, maybe in later levels?
04-14-2016, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Den Den View Post
The IAPs seem tame but I wasn't able to see a permanent IAP for the timers (lives)... Is there anything that would counter that, maybe in later levels?
Wondering the same thing. That's the IAP I'd buy.

So far the "refill lives" IAP is 98 cents to refill once, which is silly. You'd be shelling out 1 or more dollars a day. This isn't Clash Royale, people.

Last edited by davagorn; 04-14-2016 at 11:54 AM.
04-14-2016, 01:57 PM
Played a bit more but I couldn't see any permanent IAP to remove the timers. I was going to buy the golden boots + 2nd bag IAPs since they are permanent but decided against it, I won't invest in a game with timers if you can't get rid of them. Too bad because the core game is actually interesting, good luck to those who continue.