★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: A challenging puzzle platformer inspired by games like Limbo, Nihilumbra or Badland.

The game looks and sounds beautiful. I personally found the game extremely immersive.
Keengamer

"Toby is a charming and solid platformer with plenty of fun challenges and difficult obstacles to overcome."
GoneWithTheWin

I enjoyed the game a lot. Loved the art-style and the game play was also really solid from what I've seen up till now. I don't really have any complaints, just a really solid platformer overall!
GamersObservation

"Honorable Mention in the Indie Revolution Expo 2015."
IndieGameRiot.com, 19 July, 2015


STORY:
A peaceful way of life in a small village in the mountains was thrown into disorder. Someone has kidnapped most of its residents. A couple of brave hearts tried to rescue their friends but none of them has returned. Little Toby didnt want to just sit and wait so he decided to find them by himself. He went to the near deep forest but he soon realized this is just a beginning.

Go with Toby on an eerie adventure in a dark and creepy world full of dangerous situations, enemies and challenging puzzles.

FEATURES:
- Various beautifully handcrafted environments and great visual effects
- Lots of different puzzles
- Many dangerous and challenging traps and enemies
- Many hours of fun

Get lost in the shadows and pray you find your way out...


Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram:
www.facebook.com/HeadupGames
www.twitter.com/headupgames
www.instagram.com/headupgames

If you have any problems with the game or would like to share feedback or suggestions for improvements, please send us an email: support@headupgames.com

touchy85's comments:

Toby: The Secret Mine

Headup Games GmbH & Co KG
Genres: Games Action Puzzle
GAME CENTER ENABLED
$4.99 USD


Quote:
A challenging puzzle platformer inspired by games like Limbo, Nihilumbra or Badland.

The game looks and sounds beautiful. I personally found the game extremely immersive.
Keengamer

"Toby is a charming and solid platformer with plenty of fun challenges and difficult obstacles to overcome."
GoneWithTheWin

I enjoyed the game a lot. Loved the art-style and the game play was also really solid from what I've seen up till now. I don't really have any complaints, just a really solid platformer overall!
GamersObservation

"Honorable Mention in the Indie Revolution Expo 2015."
IndieGameRiot.com, 19 July, 2015


STORY:
A peaceful way of life in a small village in the mountains was thrown into disorder. Someone has kidnapped most of its residents. A couple of brave hearts tried to rescue their friends but none of them has returned. Little Toby didnt want to just sit and wait so he decided to find them by himself. He went to the near deep forest but he soon realized this is just a beginning.

Go with Toby on an eerie adventure in a dark and creepy world full of dangerous situations, enemies and challenging puzzles.

FEATURES:
- Various beautifully handcrafted environments and great visual effects
- Lots of different puzzles
- Many dangerous and challenging traps and enemies
- Many hours of fun

Get lost in the shadows and pray you find your way out...


Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram:
www.facebook.com/HeadupGames
www.twitter.com/headupgames
www.instagram.com/headupgames

If you have any problems with the game or would like to share feedback or suggestions for improvements, please send us an email: support@headupgames.com












Supported Devices:
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 8.1

Download Size: 66.3MB

04-15-2016, 04:32 AM
#2
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,574


The game's obviously inspired by limbo and if you liked limbo this should be an insta buy. Imo it's a bit too much like limbo. The puzzles are solid, although you havr to solve some puzzles by looking for hidden rooms, so you're bumping into walls. That's fine if you're looking for hidden extras, but for solving a puzzle that you have to solve in order to continue the story it feels kind of cheap. In the end its a very good game though.

04-15-2016, 04:50 AM
#3
Joined: May 2010
Location: Deepest Circle, Hell
Posts: 8,673
Been endlessly checking the App Store for this for the last 24 hours, so it's fantastic to finally see it out. Yeah, the game wears it's inspiration on its sleeve and honestly, that's not a bad thing at all. Just downloaded and firing it up for the first time.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
04-15-2016, 05:08 AM
#4
Is it a long game? Is it worth the $7 up here in Canada?
04-15-2016, 05:12 AM
#5
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by swoolf View Post
Is it a long game? Is it worth the $7 up here in Canada?
Took me 3 to 4 hours to beat it
04-15-2016, 06:01 AM
#6
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by touchy85 View Post
Took me 3 to 4 hours to beat it
3-4 hours isn't that "many hours of fun".
04-15-2016, 06:10 AM
#7
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by raravan View Post
3-4 hours isn't that "many hours of fun".
There's some replay value, there is a hidden minion in every level, I didn't collect them all yet.
04-15-2016, 06:11 AM
#8
Joined: May 2010
Location: Deepest Circle, Hell
Posts: 8,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by raravan View Post
3-4 hours isn't that "many hours of fun".
How would you know? Does a certain quota of hours determine whether something is "fun" or not? Couldn't you enjoy a game that was 3 minutes long if it was "fun"?

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
04-15-2016, 07:10 AM
#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
How would you know? Does a certain quota of hours determine whether something is "fun" or not? Couldn't you enjoy a game that was 3 minutes long if it was "fun"?
Seems to be just his opinion. Doesn't seem to be dispelling the game in any way. Nice to have a judge around.

Last edited by H4nd0fg0d; 04-15-2016 at 10:12 PM.
04-15-2016, 07:27 AM
#10

One of those secret Gems on the Appstore. Toby: The Secret Mine did remind me a lot of Limbo from Playdead while still having enough unique features that I won`t spoil here to make it still worth for everyone to play the Game on their own.

It`s one of those Games where you sit down and just play through it in almost one run without any regrets. If you are up to an new Jump'n'Run Game and enjoyed playing Limbo then you will for sure enjoy playing too Toby: The Secret Mine.