★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Power Hover (by Oddrok Oy) $2.99 -> $.99

04-16-2016, 10:59 AM
Power Hover (by Oddrok Oy) $2.99 -> $.99

ıllıllı ȼ₯ǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX • QUANTUM SHEEP • CS54 • ONE MINUTE GAMES • ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS • RAVENOUS GAMES • ORANGE PIXEL • RADIANGAMES • CAVE • LLAMASOFT (RIP) • MADFINGER • PASTA GAMES • TOUCH FOO • KODE80
04-16-2016, 01:27 PM
ok so this game is having a sale. whoppee doo.
now please tell me why i should pay to have this generic endless runner on my idevice,
when there are so many other generic endless runners on the app store that are free.

has someone played this one - and can share with us it's virtues ?

04-16-2016, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookingPie View Post
ok so this game is having a sale. whoppee doo.
now please tell me why i should pay to have this generic endless runner on my idevice,
when there are so many other generic endless runners on the app store that are free.

has someone played this one - and can share with us it's virtues ?
Because it's not generic, or endless, and only just about a runner. I hate the predominance of two genres (match 3 and runners) on ios as much as anyone else, but this is a beautiful game, which, once you realise to tap and not hold in the direction you want to go, becomes a really gorgeous chase through lovely primary coloured climes, in which the camera pans in and out as the levels swell up and contract. Your hoverboarder can spin onto the ceiling, careen around lasers, duneworms, killer whales, go up jumps and on ramps... There are a lot of forgettable games on the appstore, but this is not one of them.

Last edited by sinagog; 04-18-2016 at 05:09 AM.
04-16-2016, 04:08 PM
Highly recommended!

Quote:
why i should pay to have this
1. Mod CygnetSeven mentions it

2. Reviews

TouchArcade —'Power Hover' Review - A Hoverboard That Won't Explode (four stars)
PocketGamer —Power Hover (four stars)
148Apps —Power Hover review (4.5 stars)

3. Main TA thread (120+ postings)
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=277291

4. Senior member Exact Psience: "Everything in Power Hover screams quality, polish, charm and style."

Complete this list if you want.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
04-16-2016, 07:18 PM
Thanks for correcting me on my prejudices regarding this game. I will reconsider if this game is for me.
Kind regards
04-16-2016, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Thanks for correcting me on my prejudices regarding this game. I will reconsider if this game is for me.
Kind regards
You're welcome. Regarding the 4 stars (only) in the TA-Review: in the meantime there has been added content to the game in some updates.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
04-17-2016, 04:54 AM
Games better than the standard type if this game.not endless as it has levels to complete. I gave this on iOS now just need for the add free price to drop on Android and I'll get it on there as well.
04-17-2016, 04:59 AM
Games better than the standard type if this game.not endless as it has levels to complete. I gave this on iOS now just need for the add free price to drop on Android and I'll get it on there as well. Hate it when the prices are so different on each store
04-17-2016, 01:02 PM
Can't recommend this enought!!!
04-18-2016, 04:41 AM
four more days.

Hello Dev here! Just dropped by to remind everyone that the spring sale is going on for four more days, go get your hoverboarding experience now for a reduced price of .99$!

edit: and thanks to Sinagog and Habakuk for the support
Cookingpie, hopefully you get the game, it's not your run of the mill endless runner, I promise

Last edited by Oddrok; 04-18-2016 at 04:46 AM.