★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: **Play the funniest chess like game solo or versus a friend**

"If you're a fan of classic puzzle games, like a good challenge and are looking to learn a new game, take a look at AntConflict" - App Safari

Ant Conflict is amazing and fun. It reinvent the chess genre with new pieces and rules that make the game faster and funnier than ever. Protect your Queen and swat your enemy like an insignificant insect. In the end, there can be only one... Queen !

Wacky World
Dive into a mad universe and enjoy playing with the funniest animated ants staged in a chess game. Ant Conflict brings a new life on classics board games and makes it a dynamic and pleasant experience again.

Ant Conflict Rules
There is only one rule : Kill the Queen!
The troops at your disposal are the following : The Mother Queen, The Nurse, a 6 Soldiers Squadron, two Pit Workers and two Hunters. Attack with Soldiers, Pit Workers and Hunters. Use the Nurse to protect your attacking troops. If one of your Soldier reach the opponent's side, he will become the most dangerous entity on the battlefield : The Super Soldier. Each pieces moves and attacks are different and induce new strategic aspects in order to beat the enemy.

*****Features*****
Solo mode
Versus mode
Animated pieces
Statistics

Squeaker's comments:
Looks like it could be fun

Youtube link | Pop Up
10-08-2009, 07:14 AM
possibly, not my kind of thing really though. looks quite nice though

Plus+ id: Fudgeboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
I find DG incredibly sexy, just sayin'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot View Post
You scare me, you honestly scare me

10-08-2009, 07:35 AM
Kinda reminds me of another take on the tile table game HIVE, like the Hanto app does, but with characters on the board. Now to think of it, its more like the card game Hill 218 by Your Move games. Looks fun, think I'll try it later today.
10-08-2009, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark NRG View Post
Kinda reminds me of another take on the tile table game HIVE, like the Hanto app does, but with characters on the board. Now to think of it, its more like the card game Hill 218 by Your Move games. Looks fun, think I'll try it later today.
Any Impressions ?

This icon caught my attenshun (attention) on Appshoppr (Cannot Thank you enuff Arn)!
Are the Devs around ?

I want to try a lite version (are you submitting one soon ?)... the icon is AWESOME imho
Expecting the same kinda awesomeness with the game

Mis-quotes!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
The bottom two is where you can buy your bottom turrets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
at this point I should say we're not looking for anymore guys
10-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimo View Post
Any Impressions ?

This icon caught my attenshun (attention) on Appshoppr (Cannot Thank you enuff Arn)!
Are the Devs around ?

I want to try a lite version (are you submitting one soon ?)... the icon is AWESOME imho
Expecting the same kinda awesomeness with the game
I dl'd it, but I can't sync until tonight. I'll post then, sorry.
This would be a good canidate for a free version, to get more attention.
Board games dont really do well on the app store you know
10-09-2009, 03:54 AM
Hi,

I'm part of AntConflict's developpers I'm glad for your interest.

We don't expect a lite version, but if you need any information, i'll spot this topic to answer you.

What i can already say is that our chessgame included new rules which make rounds faster than an original chess one and introduce new strategy moves. In example one of your unit, the nurse, can protect the troop ahead but remain vulnerable herself.
We also tried to make the game fun with animations, sounds and others features that i'll let you discover

You can also see our trailer
10-09-2009, 04:03 AM
Any chance of getting not just a trailer, but a gameplay video?
10-09-2009, 04:06 AM
It looks like SLG game.

Puzzle game Falling Match = Tetris + Color match 3 + Physics.
10-09-2009, 04:15 AM
Sludge? If you look for reflexion, funny or original game it's not... if you're looking for a AAA game it is...

For gameplay vids i can't make one right now, but if you look the third sreenshot, you have a good idea of the game. When you crush an enemy unit, your troop move (by digging a hole, flying...) on these position. Then it's to your opponent to play. It's not much complex, that remain a chess like

Last edited by A.C.G.; 10-09-2009 at 04:21 AM.
10-09-2009, 04:31 AM
Would have tried it out, unfortunately it's not in my app store yet. Many indie games have been delayed for as long as two to three weeks before reaching Asian stores. By then I'm not sure if I can still remember about buying.