★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

[Soft Launch - CA] Monster Hunter Explore (by Capcom)

04-19-2016, 05:33 PM
[Soft Launch - CA] Monster Hunter Explore (by Capcom)

I wish they'd bring back MHFU, but i guess i'll try this for now.

Monster Hunter Explore

CAPCOM
Genres: Games Role-Playing Action
GAME CENTER ENABLED
Free

Quote:
Join the hunt! The first true Monster Hunter game for mobile has arrived.
Track and hunt fierce monsters and explore an island of infinite treasures.
Become a hunter of legend on your own or form a hunting party with friends.

Travel across the seas and explore new hunting grounds of legend.
Hunt powerful monsters, discover epic treasures and unlock the secrets of a new land.
Create a hunting party of up to 4 friends or play with hunters over the internet.
Master 12 types of weapons – Powerful “Great Swords” dynamic “War Hammers” and the lethal “Gun Lance.”
Master the art of the hunt by using monsters’ weaknesses against them. More than 100 weaknesses can be targeted to help improve a hunters odds of success.

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone4
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.0

Download Size: 50.2MB

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
04-19-2016, 05:40 PM
Dang I can't remember my Canadian login to try this... Is this the FTP version I remember hearing about?

04-19-2016, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sivad View Post
Dang I can't remember my Canadian login to try this... Is this the FTP version I remember hearing about?
Yup... Im trying it out. Only got to watch the intro so far and it's fantastic, just like on the wii. But im still downloading updates. :P

Imps later.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
04-19-2016, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sivad View Post
Its the same name as one I've been playing in Japan App Store
It's a FTP
I Put some time into it no money because I'm still pissed about MHFU not working and two weeks after I finally bought it.
At the end of the day I don't love it or hate it. It's ok that's all I can really say
It def has monster Hunter elements but it is laid out FTP style
At first I really enjoyed it and over time that waned same experience I've had with every FTP game I have ever downloaded and so I really try to steer clear of them
I did get a FTP today from Japan and that's Pokemon comaster but it's Pokemon plus I want to check it out for others

Last edited by Dailon80; 04-19-2016 at 05:55 PM.
04-19-2016, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Yup... Im trying it out. Only got to watch the intro so far and it's fantastic, just like on the wii. But im still downloading updates. :P

Imps later.
You will probably love it at first
04-19-2016, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dailon80 View Post
You will probably love it at first
I already do i guess. LOL

Initial imps... Combat controls for now.

Pretty straight forward. Static Vstick in the bottom middle to control movement, tap it to auto-attack (perform full combo). Swipe outside the VStick to doge in that direction. Can dodge to cancel attack. Tap the boss monster part to target. Pretty decent i guess, especially for what this game is expected to be (more casual).

EDIT: Crap i really like it... Imma stick with this for now. Damned if i get to shell out money for this.

Last edited by Exact-Psience; 04-19-2016 at 05:57 PM.
04-19-2016, 06:01 PM
Well I just created another account cause I can't ever remember my logins... I'm just gonna pad Apple's account numbers 😂
04-19-2016, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
I already do i guess. LOL

Initial imps... Combat controls for now.

Pretty straight forward. Static Vstick in the bottom middle to control movement, tap it to auto-attack (perform full combo). Swipe outside the VStick to doge in that direction. Can dodge to cancel attack. Tap the boss monster part to target. Pretty decent i guess, especially for what this game is expected to be (more casual).

EDIT: Crap i really like it... Imma stick with this for now. Damned if i get to shell out money for this.
It's really not a bad FTP game in terms of getting some fun out of it I'm gonna play it again when it comes to us App Store
04-19-2016, 07:10 PM
Anyone found a login like FB we can use to sync progress once US version launches?
04-19-2016, 07:52 PM
Link?