★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Prove youre the fastest and deadliest rocket pilot. Challenge friends or shoot for high scores in furious battles and races across the galaxy.

The classic cave shooter has returned, and its on iPhone and iPad! Take flight with your rocket and blasters, with specially designed controls that feel just like the arcade. Hone your skills in high-speed race maps and dangerous battle zones then play with friends via shared Wi-Fi, ghost rockets, Game Center or Facebook. Collect gems to upgrade your ship but remember, when youre facing a rival rocket only your skills can bring you victory!

Features:
19 CHALLENGING ARENAS (more coming soon)
RACE MODE: Who will survive a high-speed chase through an underground course, and be the fastest among friends? Race mode is the way to find that out.
BATTLE MODE: An underground dogfight in which the last pilot flying is the winner.
REAL ARCADE FEEL: The weighty, responsive controls of an arcade cabinet, reproduced on iOS devices and tested with real players.
MULTIPLAYER: Battle and race with friends in real-time on the same Wi-Fi network. Share and race against friends ghost laps any time.
SCORE CHALLENGE: Compete with friends for score supremacy through Game Center and Facebook.

HeavyRockets in social media:
www.facebook.com/heavyrockets
www.twitter.com/heavyrockets
www.instagram.com/heavyrockets

touchy85's comments:

HeavyRockets

Majasalmi Ltd
Genres: Games Racing Arcade
GAME CENTER ENABLED
$1.99 USD

Quote:
Prove youre the fastest and deadliest rocket pilot. Challenge friends or shoot for high scores in furious battles and races across the galaxy.

The classic cave shooter has returned, and its on iPhone and iPad! Take flight with your rocket and blasters, with specially designed controls that feel just like the arcade. Hone your skills in high-speed race maps and dangerous battle zones then play with friends via shared Wi-Fi, ghost rockets, Game Center or Facebook. Collect gems to upgrade your ship but remember, when youre facing a rival rocket only your skills can bring you victory!

Features:
17 CHALLENGING ARENAS (more coming soon)
RACE MODE: Who will survive a high-speed chase through an underground course, and be the fastest among friends? Race mode is the way to find that out.
BATTLE MODE: An underground dogfight in which the last pilot flying is the winner.
REAL ARCADE FEEL: The weighty, responsive controls of an arcade cabinet, reproduced on iOS devices and tested with real players.
MULTIPLAYER: Battle and race with friends in real-time on the same Wi-Fi network. Share and race against friends ghost laps any time.
SCORE CHALLENGE: Compete with friends for score supremacy through Game Center and Facebook.

HeavyRockets in social media:
www.facebook.com/heavyrockets
www.twitter.com/heavyrockets
www.instagram.com/heavyrockets

Supported Devices:
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 8.0

Download Size: 114.7MB

04-20-2016, 09:45 AM

I'm a bit disappointed. For a racing game with powerups it's a bit too low paced and zen for me and the controls are too floaty for my taste. When the game was in soft-launch it was free, the optional ads, high prices for upgrades and iaps are still in the game.

04-20-2016, 09:54 AM
Touchy85, thanks for the review. Do you know if there are GC achievements?
04-20-2016, 12:06 PM
This game could be so good if it wasn't for the bad f2p feeling. I hate it when there are power up, recharges and other stuff that you can buy with gems. I am so disappointed, the game is good and enjoyable but the power-up and recharge system
04-20-2016, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyDJ76 View Post
Touchy85, thanks for the review. Do you know if there are GC achievements?
There are GC achievements and leadersboards. Don't know how many, because of my broken GC
04-20-2016, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djstout View Post
This game could be so good if it wasn't for the bad f2p feeling. I hate it when there are power up, recharges and other stuff that you can buy with gems. I am so disappointed, the game is good and enjoyable but the power-up and recharge system
And this is how I discovered this game isn't for me unfortunately more games are trying to premium price a game and add a bunch of f2p IAP. I have to stand by my premium only principles and say no to this one
04-20-2016, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djstout View Post
On the App Store page I'm not seeing any IAP.... And what do you mean by recharges? Are there timers?
04-20-2016, 04:10 PM
Whoa I need to see more impressions I've been waiting on this game forever, what's this about racing? And what's this about iaps. Someone clearly explain what's up here
04-20-2016, 04:13 PM
Landscape only?
04-20-2016, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylined87 View Post
On the App Store page I'm not seeing any IAP.... And what do you mean by recharges? Are there timers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by stelluhreyesthis View Post
Whoa I need to see more impressions I've been waiting on this game forever, what's this about racing? And what's this about iaps. Someone clearly explain what's up here
There is a single 1$ IAP to unlock all tracks and powerups, otherwise you have to use gems to purchase powerups and progress through the game to unlock tracks

As for the gems, it's pretty obvious this was a freemium title at one point but you can't purchase gems in game anymore. You earn them by playing the game although you can watch ads for 20 gems each

There are no timers. By recharges he probably meant recharging powerups. You pay gems to unlock and upgrade powerups and also to recharge them once you've used the ones you had

So this is a freemium game gone premium. I haven't played it enough to tell if you earn enough gems through playing but since there aren't a gem shop i imagine you do

Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorarchitekt View Post
Landscape only?
Yes