★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Bulkypix
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 35.2 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Fold+ is the sequel to the acclaimed puzzler Fold, featuring more than double the puzzles of the original, new concepts, redesigned graphics and interface.

Cleverly fold, expand, rotate and bring colored blocks together until only one block of each color remains. Fold+ is a minimalist, brain-teasing puzzle which 160 levels will keep you hooked for hours.

Here's what the press said about the original:
"Fold is the most original iOS puzzler in years"
- tuaw.com

"A fun brain teaser"
- 148apps.com

"Fold will prove to be one of the most challenging and innovative entries in the genre to come to the iPhone in quite some time"
- guidingtech.com

touchy85's comments:

Fold+

Bulkypix
Genres: Games Puzzle
$1.99 USD

Quote:
Fold+ is the sequel to the acclaimed puzzler Fold, featuring more than double the puzzles of the original, new concepts, redesigned graphics and interface.

Cleverly fold, expand, rotate and bring colored blocks together until only one block of each color remains. Fold+ is a minimalist, brain-teasing puzzle that will keep you hooked for hours.

Here's what the press said about the original:
"Fold is the most original iOS puzzler in years"
- tuaw.com

"A fun brain teaser"
- 148apps.com

"Fold will prove to be one of the most challenging and innovative entries in the genre to come to the iPhone in quite some time"
- guidingtech.com

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone-3GS
  • iPhone4
  • iPodTouchFourthGen
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 6.0

Download Size: 35.2MB

04-20-2016, 01:15 PM

Just another good mind teasing puzzle game.

04-21-2016, 08:19 AM
The game in motion (gifs, may take a bit to load):

04-21-2016, 07:00 PM
I am intrigued.

I remember seeing the original Fold game a long time ago. It appears that the developer is partnering with Bulkpix to bring this sequel to the App Store.

As I recall, I quite like the core mechanics. Very novel. I am curious if the game's creator has added new mechanics.

Will check it out.
04-21-2016, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kmp3 View Post
I am intrigued.

I remember seeing the original Fold game a long time ago. It appears that the developer is partnering with Bulkpix to bring this sequel to the App Store.

As I recall, I quite like the core mechanics. Very novel. I am curious if the game's creator has added new mechanics.

Will check it out.
Hi, developer here. Yes, I'm partnering with Bulkypix to launch Fold+.

The game includes the same mechanics of the original, with twice as many levels, and a world featuring a new mechanic that can be seen in the middle gif above.

It was selected by Apple as one of the week's best new games.
04-21-2016, 09:04 PM
Hi, rpmoura,

Fantastic to hear from the developer.

Have you investigated on how many "endgame" states exist for each level? As I recall playing the original Fold, it is possible to end a level with the "last" block for each color to be in different locations, constituting different solution variants. Some of these variants are trivial, but some can be quite different because of blocks that have been "dragged" along as other blocks shrink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmoura View Post
Hi, developer here. Yes, I'm partnering with Bulkypix to launch Fold+.

The game includes the same mechanics of the original, with twice as many levels, and a world featuring a new mechanic that can be seen in the middle gif above.

It was selected by Apple as one of the week's best new games.
04-21-2016, 09:20 PM
Absolutely love this game. No timers or IAPS. Good challenging levels
04-21-2016, 09:47 PM
Really well done puzzler.
04-22-2016, 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kmp3 View Post
Hi, rpmoura,

Fantastic to hear from the developer.

Have you investigated on how many "endgame" states exist for each level? As I recall playing the original Fold, it is possible to end a level with the "last" block for each color to be in different locations, constituting different solution variants. Some of these variants are trivial, but some can be quite different because of blocks that have been "dragged" along as other blocks shrink.
Hi y2kmp3! I didn't, honestly. I only know the solutions I could figure out for myself as it would be hard to create an algorithm to find out all the possible solutions. About this, Fold+ differs from Fold in that in the original you could complete a level with more than one block of each color and get a bronze or silver medal instead of gold. In Fold+ you always have to find a "real" solution which I felt was more in line with the game's goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeDaddy View Post
Absolutely love this game. No timers or IAPS. Good challenging levels
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzinn View Post
Really well done puzzler.
Thank you!
04-22-2016, 05:49 AM
I remembered the first fold from a while back, I enjoyed it up to a certain point. Since the dev is around, can I ask, when you 'fold' a colour in towards an intersection point, what determines which way it continues to fold? Are all levels meant to be solved without using intersection points?i think that was the main thing bothering me, since some levels seemed to lead to inevitable intersections and rather annoying timing or luck to get the intersections to fold the way I wanted them to. Some clarification would be great