★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

What The Ball - Beta Testers needed

View Poll Results: Is the game concept good?
I love the idea 4 50.00%
I like it - But may have to wait till final product 2 25.00%
Changes to graphics can make concept great 2 25.00%
I'm not impressed 1 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll
04-21-2016, 02:31 AM
What The Ball - Beta Testers needed

Hi TouchArcadians,

I'm Bhoopalan representing Sakasa Games - A smaller than indie game studio. We're designing a game called 'What The Ball'.

Please checkout the Youtube Video:

Game Description

There are different colored balls that fall from the top. Drop them into the matching color pipes below.

There's this 'Curvey' right above the pipes. Swipe left or right anywhere on screen and the curvey will rotate accordingly. Drop the balls into the matching pipes by rotating the curvey.

Update As On April 27, 2016

Started working on 'Monster' theme:

First set of monsters (instead of balls).
|
|

First Monster theme:

Second Monster theme:

Update as of May 11, 2016

Name changed to 'Monsters Roll In'
Added a homepage with title banner
3 New background themes included:

||
===================================
===================================

Need game testers. Anybody who would help, please let me know your email address.

Looking For Publisher If any publisher is interested, please contact us via PM or reply to this thread.

Last edited by Bhoopalan; 05-11-2016 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Second theme screenshot uploaded
04-22-2016, 12:35 AM
I've had a feedback from a few. Thank you so much guys.

One of the very useful feedback: When the ball hits the edge of the pipe, the possibility of falling into the pipe is as equal as the possibility of falling outside of the pipe as well. Thus, I've made a change to the collision box of the pipes.

Previously the collision box was like this:

The new collision box is as this:

Instead of having a rectangular shaped collision box at the edge of the pipe, I turned it into a sharp edge triangular shaped collision box and it potentially increased the possibility for the ball to fall into the pipe than outside of the box.

====

I believe I could use this thread as a Journal. If this is considered spamming, please let me know and I'll keep the posts to a minimum.

Checkout our upcoming game What The Ball!:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=286147

04-22-2016, 02:11 AM
it looks funny
04-22-2016, 02:27 AM
Looks like a fun game! The graphics could do with a little bit of work to make it pop. Possibly some very soft shadows or even a shadow caster like Thomas was alone, or even take a "paper cutout" rout, make it a little more tactile.

Getting the ball in a tube could probably feel a bit more rewarding, perhaps a particle effect to give it a bit of a song and dance.

Anyway, look forward to seeing progress on this!
04-22-2016, 01:53 PM
Thanks, Kripa. Appreciate your interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Hayes View Post
Looks like a fun game! The graphics could do with a little bit of work to make it pop. Possibly some very soft shadows or even a shadow caster like Thomas was alone, or even take a "paper cutout" rout, make it a little more tactile.
Thanks, Hayes. The game is practically in a prototype stage and just to make it presentable at least to an extent, I made this design. My graphics freelancer is a bit busy and hope he would do wonders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Hayes View Post
Getting the ball in a tube could probably feel a bit more rewarding, perhaps a particle effect to give it a bit of a song and dance.
Yes, that's also in pipeline. Thanks for heads up. There are different particle effects planned when the ball hits the right pipe / wrong pipe/ when you drop balls continuously into the right pipes for 5 times.

04-22-2016, 04:00 PM
All sounds good to me. Look forward to seeing how it all turns out!
04-27-2016, 09:35 AM
Working on a new 'Monster' theme:

New screenshot:

04-28-2016, 01:59 PM
Guys,

Uploaded a new Youtube trailer with the new Monster theme. Please check them out:

04-28-2016, 04:38 PM
Loving the latest theme! Always a fan of adding a bit of character.
04-28-2016, 09:36 PM
nice!

nice! IOS ID 834679274@qq.com