★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: A perfect mix of RPG and music games
* The most rhythmical RPG game and the most adventurous music game
* Marvellous heroes rivalling evil lords
* Attacking and defensing at the rhythm beat
* Fabulous experience of hitting, striking, and beating

Multifarious power-ups
* Unique and well-defined feature for each power-up
* Overwhelming force by using power-ups
* Real-time power-ups upgrading

Appealing chiptune music
* Ultimate auditory feast
* Rich, clear, powerful chiptune music
* Unchained melodies coming from your fingertips
* Ears will be burning with the spectacular sounds and high quality music

Nostalgic pixel art style
* Elaborately crafted visual effects
* Exciting and real gaming experience like breaking a siege in the dark dungeon
* Bringing back childhood memories of pixel games

Multiple game modes
* SURVIVE Mode: Hit notes quickly to play a flawless music
* BATTLE Mode: Utilize power-ups to beat evil lords

Follow us on Twitter: @banacola
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pxbeats
Dev log: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=286204

bobdos's comments:

PxBeats

BANACOLA PTY. LTD.
Genres: Games Trivia Music
$0.99 USD

https://itunes.apple.com/app/pxbeats/id1067246389

Quote:
A perfect mix of RPG and music games
* The most rhythmical RPG game and the most adventurous music game
* Marvellous heroes rivalling evil lords
* Attacking and defensing at the rhythm beat
* Fabulous experience of hitting, striking, and beating

Multifarious power-ups
* Unique and well-defined feature for each power-up
* Overwhelming force by using power-ups
* Real-time power-ups upgrading

Appealing chiptune music
* Ultimate auditory feast
* Rich, clear, powerful chiptune music
* Unchained melodies coming from your fingertips
* Ears will be burning with the spectacular sounds and high quality music

Nostalgic pixel art style
* Elaborately crafted visual effects
* Exciting and real gaming experience like breaking a siege in the dark dungeon
* Bringing back childhood memories of pixel games

Multiple game modes
* SURVIVE Mode: Hit notes quickly to play a flawless music
* BATTLE Mode: Utilize power-ups to beat evil lords

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pxbeats

https://itunes.apple.com/app/pxbeats/id1067246389

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone-3GS
  • iPhone4
  • iPodTouchFourthGen
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 6.0

Download Size: 43.4MB

Youtube Link:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Release Note:

V2.0.0
1. Reconstruct the sync process of music/rhythm/enemy array; Totally fix the issue of rhythm not match moving.
2. Add 10 more quest levels.
3. Add 4 more survive levels.
4. Add Perfect/Good/Miss tips in survive mode; Optimise the hit rate.
5. Adjust grids from 5 to 6 for battle field.
6. Fix issue in COMBO.

V1.1.0
1. Add QUEST Mode, to help players understand how to utilise the power-ups better.
2. QUEST Mode has 10 levels from start.
3. Add the prompt of "CLICK" when COMBO slot is full.
4. Add 10 new levels in SURVIVE Mode:
* Wa Ha Ha
* Two Tigers
* Little Star
* Happy New Year
* Jingle Bell
* Jasmine
* Doll And Bear Dancing
* Painter
* Handkerchief
* Little Rabbit
04-21-2016, 09:49 PM

04-22-2016, 06:51 AM
This game is pretty cool.
Never been good at rhythm games but something about this one made me want to try.
Kind of like a rave.
Guitar hero meets drums
Killing enemies to the beat.
I like this game and like how it gives u a percent of people who u have beat
04-22-2016, 08:48 AM
It's a fun game although I wouldn't quite put it in the rhythm category as the game doesn't actually seem to match up fully with the beats of the BGM. Essentially it's like a guitar hero variant where you press on columns at the right times. Pressing columns can either damage advancing enemies or damage the level boss.
It's a fairly simple mechanic but later on you need to do a bit of split second planning when enemies health increases and there are different kinds of bombs that you can use to your advantage.
In between rounds you are given the choice between a few different upgrades for different weapon types, potions, etc. that appear during the game. It's a pretty neat simple touch to keep things interesting. It doesn't always register some upgrades though (I upgraded horizontal bomb and the next time the upgrade appeared i was still on standard damage), dev might want to look into that.
I think it's endless, but enemy formations etc. seem to be nicely hand designed, which is always good.

Good to pick up and play.

Last edited by metalcasket; 04-22-2016 at 10:00 AM.
04-22-2016, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatEscaper View Post
It's a fun game although I wouldn't quite put it in the rhythm category as the game doesn't actually seem to match up fully with the beats of the BGM. Essentially it's like a guitar hero variant where you press on columns at the right times. Pressing columns can either damage advancing enemies or damage the level boss.
It's a fairly simple mechanic but later on you need to do a bit of split second planning when enemies health increases and there are different kinds of bombs that you can use to your advantage.
In between rounds you are given the choice between a few different upgrades for different weapon types, potions, etc. that appear during the game. It's a pretty neat simple touch to keep things interesting. It doesn't always register some upgrades though (I upgraded horizontal bomb and the next time the upgrade appeared i was still on standard damage), dev might want to look into that.
I think it's endless, but enemy formations etc. seem to be nicely hand designed, which is always good.

Thanks a lot for your feedback. We will handle the issues you've mentioned here, and try our hard to make it better then. We appreciate that you give us this information to help us make our game better.

Last edited by metalcasket; 04-22-2016 at 10:01 AM.
04-22-2016, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatEscaper View Post

Definitely agree with this, it feels a little off since the music doesn't match up with the enemies. Still pretty fun, with a cool upgrade system. Easy to recommend

Last edited by metalcasket; 04-22-2016 at 10:02 AM.
04-22-2016, 10:06 AM
Promo code-related posts go here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...=1#post3832013

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
04-22-2016, 11:09 AM
great game guys, i'm enjoying it... good chiptune music and pixel art, and mostly, great playability! worth the buck.
04-22-2016, 02:09 PM
It's a nice game but after playing the battle mode for almost 30 minutes then dying and starting from the VERY beginning. I could not help but feel a bit dissapointed.

The game is pretty easy meaning you play for a long long time before failing. You should make it much harder so it's more casual for quick plays.

Survival mode seems to be like any music game and it isn't very enjoyable. I really like the battle mode but it needs a save mode or needs to be harder.
I really enjoyed the concept but it does need a harder mode and some work needs to be done. Quite original I'll give it a 7/10.
04-22-2016, 02:11 PM
Game has a huge protential and with some work, it's an easy 10/10 from me. But currently survival lasts way too long and it's way too easy. Survival should have a check point every 10 levels and maybe boss?