★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

How to turn off OpenFeint

10-08-2009, 02:22 PM
#1
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: California
Posts: 1,404
Send a message via AIM to onewithchaos
How to turn off OpenFeint

Sorry if this was discussed. Tried searching to no avail.

How do you turn off OpenFeint. I have geoDefense swarm and it logs on everytime. I've gone to all menus but cant find a way to log off.
10-08-2009, 02:27 PM
#2
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 317
There isn't a way to yet, your only option right now is to either go to help.openfeint.com and request them to remove your UDID from their database so it can't login, or if you delete the game and reinstall it should ask you to approve openfeint and you can say no, of course that will delete any saved game data though.

Openfeint has an update coming soon that is supposed to allow you to log out, so it will be an option soon.

10-08-2009, 03:50 PM
#3
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeca View Post
Openfeint has an update coming soon that is supposed to allow you to log out, so it will be an option soon.
good

Stop viewing Signatures
->editoptions->Scroll down to "Thread Display Options"->Uncheck "Show Signatures"->Scroll down, hit "Save Changes"
10-08-2009, 04:04 PM
#4
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: California
Posts: 1,404
Send a message via AIM to onewithchaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeca View Post
There isn't a way to yet, your only option right now is to either go to help.openfeint.com and request them to remove your UDID from their database so it can't login, or if you delete the game and reinstall it should ask you to approve openfeint and you can say no, of course that will delete any saved game data though.

Openfeint has an update coming soon that is supposed to allow you to log out, so it will be an option soon.
Yea on geoDefense update it said it was updating to latest openfeint and it was supposed to let us log out. But I didnt see that, i guess its not the latest openfeint after all
10-08-2009, 04:11 PM
#5
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: California
Posts: 2,348
Who do we email at OpenFeint to remove our UDID's?
05-02-2011, 01:44 AM
#6
I really really hate these people who FORCES you to log on their databases, taking away your freedom and fun. All games should come with the option not to link to these databases or simply in the settings, remove it forever

---
check out my iphone apps blurbs at http://secentral.net/forum/index.php?topic=16512.0
05-02-2011, 02:59 AM
#7
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeca View Post
There isn't a way to yet, your only option right now is to either go to help.openfeint.com and request them to remove your UDID from their database so it can't login
I never knew you could do that. It'll be helpful for when I decide to sell my old iPhone.
05-02-2011, 02:59 AM
#8
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 4,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrykong View Post
I really really hate these people who FORCES you to log on their databases, taking away your freedom and fun. All games should come with the option not to link to these databases or simply in the settings, remove it forever
Openfeint gives you the option to sign up to it whilst in a game you can always click the not this time button

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!
05-02-2011, 03:00 AM
#9
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 4,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2spoon View Post
Who do we email at OpenFeint to remove our UDID's?
Go to aurafeints website it should be there.

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!