★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: The Reactor now on App Store (for Dr. Mario fans)

10-08-2009, 05:52 PM
The Reactor now on App Store (for Dr. Mario fans)

For the fans of the classic and competitive multiplayer Dr. Mario game, The Reactor has just been accepted to the App Store. In designing and developing it, the core purpose was to make a fun multiplayer and single player game that plays like Dr. Mario but has a twist in its look and feel as well as put it on your iPhone or iPod Touch to challenge people on the road.

The multiplayer mode is my favorite part. Not only does it offer the full gameplay of Dr. Mario, you can choose to customize it to block surges which isn't part of the original gameplay. There are two connection methods available for the game. WiFi and Bluetooth. While WiFi is probably the best for most games, Bluetooth is indispensable. I recently went on a plane trip and because the plane didn't have WiFi and the app supported Bluetooth, I was able to play a friend in several competitive rounds with an iPhone 3G and a 2nd gen iPod Touch. It takes a minute or two to connect the first time but it plays just as well. No WiFi, no problem.

Check it out if you are a Dr. Mario lover like myself:
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=333193545&mt=8

If you are a fan of trying before buying, check out the free lite version— "Reactor Lite"—here (no multiplayer in lite version):
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=329641642&mt=8
10-08-2009, 07:09 PM
oh man this one brings back memories! Instant buy for me.

PM me if your lookin for suggestions or anything, i havent gotten it yet so i dunno if its a complete product

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyraider4 View Post
If only birth control was more accessible...
TTR3 - Maelickai ` Plus+ - Maelick ` OpenFeint - Maelick ` Agon - Maelick -=ADD ME!=-
Me likey - Prairie Chute, Taptap Revenge 3, Cocoto Kart Racing, Xenonia (still), Hybrid - Eternal Whisper, Dungeon Hunter, SkeeBall

10-08-2009, 07:16 PM
I really liked the lite version so I'll probably pick this one up tonight. The only other decent Dr Mario clone on the app store is Flu Fighter, but I find its controls to be way too finicky even with the ability to adjust sensitivity. In comparison, The Reactor's controls are spot-on.

Oh, and this might be helpful for people who are too lazy to click on links.

10-08-2009, 07:17 PM
Will try out the lite first, gotta see if the controls are good.
10-10-2009, 10:39 AM
Good things to here. If you guys enjoy the game, please rate it or write a review so that other people can know what to expect. I'm hoping to have a video ready soon to show the gameplay and how the controls work so people will know. Stay tuned ...
10-10-2009, 06:43 PM
now 99c

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
10-10-2009, 10:19 PM
Introductory Price

Decided have a introductory price for a period of time to encourage people to give it a try. We've seem some compelling games do the same and are trying to get the word out. The amount of apps on the App Store is staggering and the greatest challenge is getting the attention of people who like these games but can't find them or affraid to pay for something worthless. Hopefully this will help alleviate some of that anxiety.

Question for those that have played the either the single player or multiplayer modes (or who plan on doing so), would it be worthwhile to you to have a way to post scores or matches (who defeated who and how many times) to twitter or Facebook?
10-10-2009, 10:21 PM
I actually don't like either but would prefer something more like openfient if possible

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
10-14-2009, 05:14 PM
Gameplay video

Here is a youtube link to the gameplay video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U95ut1l78lc
10-14-2009, 05:24 PM
embedded video here

Youtube link | Pop Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.