★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: BeatRider 1.2 Out!

10-08-2009, 06:44 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
BeatRider 1.2 Out!

Awesome update for BeatRider is out, including 3 keys mode

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
10-08-2009, 06:48 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.D. CrAzY View Post
Aw man, thanks Sid

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
10-08-2009, 11:33 PM
I think something is wrong with the Beatrider server. I uploaded a few songs and after an hour, those few songs are still listed as "processing," thus cannot be downloaded back on to my iPod Touch. My iPod Touch just keeps on showing "Wait" for those songs after I hit refresh because the songs are still being "processed" on the server to generate the notes/beats. Anyone else have problems uploading and downloading songs on to your device?
10-09-2009, 12:32 AM
There is something wrong with this. Beat Rider for me looks the EXACT same as 1.1. It looks nothing like this:

http://www.mybeatrider.com/News/Beat...creenshots.asp

And the refresh button is gone! A song took hours for it to stop being processed, but now I can't download it as the refresh button is gone. Any ideas why this is happening? And why my menus look no different and only has 4 free songs still. When I click on it, it has the 1.2 loading screen, but it's even missing the skin tab down the bottom.
10-09-2009, 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudlesssky22 View Post
I think something is wrong with the Beatrider server. I uploaded a few songs and after an hour, those few songs are still listed as "processing," thus cannot be downloaded back on to my iPod Touch. My iPod Touch just keeps on showing "Wait" for those songs after I hit refresh because the songs are still being "processed" on the server to generate the notes/beats. Anyone else have problems uploading and downloading songs on to your device?
It's called overload. The new version just came out. You must be new to the internet.
10-09-2009, 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambo110 View Post
There is something wrong with this. Beat Rider for me looks the EXACT same as 1.1. It looks nothing like this:

http://www.mybeatrider.com/News/Beat...creenshots.asp

And the refresh button is gone! A song took hours for it to stop being processed, but now I can't download it as the refresh button is gone. Any ideas why this is happening? And why my menus look no different and only has 4 free songs still. When I click on it, it has the 1.2 loading screen, but it's even missing the skin tab down the bottom.
I had the exact same problem initially. Then I went on to iTunes and reinstalled the app, then all the new updates came through.

Benegesserit - Thank you for your sacastic comment. I knew it could be an overload problem due to the new update, but I would think Beatrider's server would be able to handle the extra loads of traffic considering they seem to have expanded their server capacity.
10-09-2009, 01:41 AM
I went into the app manager in iTunes, deleted Beat Rider and reinstalled it, but it still doesn't work properly. It is 1.2 as the loading screen and icon is the 1.2 one, but the new stuff isn't there, except turning off sliding notes. Weird, guess I will try again though.

EDIT: Weird, just went back into it and it is working properly.

Last edited by Sambo110; 10-09-2009 at 02:07 AM.
10-09-2009, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudlesssky22 View Post
I had the exact same problem initially. Then I went on to iTunes and reinstalled the app, then all the new updates came through.

Benegesserit - Thank you for your sacastic comment. I knew it could be an overload problem due to the new update, but I would think Beatrider's server would be able to handle the extra loads of traffic considering they seem to have expanded their server capacity.
Even Blizzard can't handle extra server load after a big update and they got more capital than anyone. This is normal for any big update.