★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (now US$2.99)

04-25-2016, 11:27 PM
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (now US$2.99)

https://itunes.apple.com/hk/app/star-wars-knights-old-republic/id611436052?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4

Since the forum is not linked to the front page...

Since this drops totally out of the blue back then, I will not be surprised to see the sequel ported to arrive unannounced.

It is a Zero-day buy, just make sure it has the contents restored.

The Unofficial Touch Arcade's Captain Slow(TM)

“Honestly, I was never terribly good at games.” - Finch (PoI S2E16)
04-25-2016, 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by currymutton View Post
https://itunes.apple.com/hk/app/star-wars-knights-old-republic/id611436052?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4

Since the forum is not linked to the front page...

Since this drops totally out of the blue back then, I will not be surprised to see the sequel ported to arrive unannounced.

It is a Zero-day buy, just make sure it has the contents restored.
Don't tease me like that!!!

ıllıllı ȼ₯ǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX • QUANTUM SHEEP • CS54 • ONE MINUTE GAMES • ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS • RAVENOUS GAMES • ORANGE PIXEL • RADIANGAMES • CAVE • LLAMASOFT (RIP) • MADFINGER • PASTA GAMES • TOUCH FOO • KODE80

04-26-2016, 10:24 AM
If the sequel hits i may have to abandon my toys for a couple weeks at least.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
04-26-2016, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the info!
04-26-2016, 04:39 PM
Is there any info of the port even being in development? I thought gargantuan IOS adaptations like the original KOTOR were a thing of the past.
04-26-2016, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinagog View Post
Is there any info of the port even being in development? I thought gargantuan IOS adaptations like the original KOTOR were a thing of the past.
Maybe I'm wrong and my memory is playing tricks, but when KOTOR for iOS was released, it was something like TA published a piece of news out of nowhere saying that it was under development, and 2-3 days later the game was released globally. I think it was very unexpected, so maybe KOTOR 2 for iOS is nearly ready and that's why news ha started to appear... I'll stand corrected though.
04-26-2016, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualBoyFreak View Post
Maybe I'm wrong and my memory is playing tricks, but when KOTOR for iOS was released, it was something like TA published a piece of news out of nowhere saying that it was under development, and 2-3 days later the game was released globally. I think it was very unexpected, so maybe KOTOR 2 for iOS is nearly ready and that's why news ha started to appear... I'll stand corrected though.
I'm sure I read somewhere, maybe Pocket Gamer, that the title had been submitted to Apple - but with no release schedule imminent.
04-26-2016, 07:50 PM
It is never more stranger than answering my own thread

The official line is: nope, there is no KotoR2 in development at the moment...

According to a piece on Pocket Gamer:
Answering to fans on Twitter, Aspyr's official account states that it would like to work on it "one day" but that it doesn't have anything to announce soon regarding a port.

Source: http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPad/...ws.asp?c=69862

The Unofficial Touch Arcade's Captain Slow(TM)

“Honestly, I was never terribly good at games.” - Finch (PoI S2E16)
05-02-2016, 06:57 AM
The sale is made to celebrate the Star Wars Day, May 4th, which is right around the corner.

Enjoy guys!
05-02-2016, 04:09 PM
Whelp given its been available for free on android (via Amazon) for like a while, it's nice to see an iOS sale...