★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Set Snail
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 61.1 MB
  • Version: 2.0.0
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: illi is a polished one button platform puzzler. As the creature illi, you jump your way through a strange world where gravity follows you! Things you take for granted in your world is different here. illi travels through portals and enters barren worlds where she gathers light crystals that remain. The creature illi can bend the fabrics of the world and make gravity-defying jumps. Each new unique world introduces new mechanics, traps and obstacles, which will make each world a bigger and more difficult task than the last.

- Brain-melting arcade-puzzle-platformer.
- Play as the fluffy, slug-goatish creature, illi.
- Travel through a beautiful, surrealistic universe.
- Take on 60 gravity defying levels!
- Over 170 quest's to be completed.

From us at Set Snail, we hope you enjoy the game.

Qwertz555's comments:

Very charming auto-snail puzzler.
You get 8 lives (10 min. timer each), but you can turn it into a premium game experience for $5. Good move!
Installed MB 142

Credits to Roger-NL from the upcoming thread.

04-26-2016, 06:51 AM
What am I not understanding about the mechanics? How is it possible to make only one jump in level 4?

Edit: I managed to do it for 5, but still can't figure out 4. No matter where I jump from, I can't reach the portal.

Last edited by AppUnwrapper; 04-26-2016 at 06:56 AM.

04-26-2016, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppUnwrapper View Post
What am I not understanding about the mechanics? How is it possible to make only one jump in level 4?

Edit: I managed to do it for 5, but still can't figure out 4. No matter where I jump from, I can't reach the portal.
Hi Appunwrapper you start level 4 on the green block right and the finish is the other green block above, so you go half round the green block you are on and than jump to the green block above not the grey one understand.
04-26-2016, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROGER-NL View Post
Hi Appunwrapper you start level 4 on the green block right and the finish is the other green block above, so you go half round the green block you are on and than jump to the green block above not the grey one understand.
That's what I've been trying to do, but I keep jumping off into space and dying. I guess my timing is off.

Was hoping this game would have been more puzzle than platformer (i.e. timing not as important), but might not be the game for me.
04-26-2016, 07:16 AM
Here is were you jump off, it's really easy actually, don't give up so soon it is a great game.

Small tap for little jump hold the button longer for big jumps, maybe that will help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0032.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	102331  
04-26-2016, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Here is were you jump off, it's really easy actually, don't give up so soon it is a great game.
Ah thanks. I was going to the left side of the cube before jumping. I'll stick with it and see how it goes, and see if I get a better understanding of the jumping mechanics.
04-26-2016, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppUnwrapper View Post
Ah thanks. I was going to the left side of the cube before jumping. I'll stick with it and see how it goes, and see if I get a better understanding of the jumping mechanics.
It is actually a puzzle platformer in my eyes, I like it very much, thank god there are no virtual buttons.
04-26-2016, 07:25 AM
Quote:
It is actually a puzzle platformer in my eyes, I like it very much, thank god there are no virtual buttons.
Yeah, it just might lean too far to the platformer side for my tastes. But I'll give it some more time.
04-26-2016, 07:46 AM
Obviously only my problem, but the short tap inputs mostly do not work.
I reinstalled the game and did a device restart...same bad result. (5s, 8.4.1)

A tip for starters: replay the tutorial levels to get used to the jumping before/after an edge and for the distance. The lives system starts biting at level 6.

My 2016 GOTY contenders...
Lost in Harmony, Lost Socks, NO THING, Loop Mania, Bullet Hell Monday, Dan the Man, RunGunJumpGun
04-26-2016, 11:15 AM

The art is great and cute. The actual platforming is decent, it's not great but it works. Only download it when you're interested in buying the infinite energy unlock. If you want to play it free to play, you're going to have to watch a 30 secs add for 8 energy. This energy lasts 1 - 5 minutes.