★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Take control of the mighty War Tortoise, a heavy tank armed to the teeth with powerful weapons and automated turrets! Equip weapons, recruit units, build defenses, collect resources, and ultimately defend against a huge onslaught of enemy forces. Combining a shooter, idle gaming, and tower defense, War Tortoise is a unique mix of gaming that anyone can enjoy!

FEATURES
- Unique mix of a shooter, idle game, and tower defense!
- Incredible 3D graphics - watch as a huge war unfolds before your eyes like never before!
- HUGE scale battles!
- Tons of units, upgrades, and defenses to discover!
- Recruit legendary hero units, each with unique traits and abilities!
- Customize your play style with powerful Perks!
- Discover 8 new worlds with different times of day and weather!
- Dozens of unique enemy types!
- Prestige to new heights, giving huge gameplay bonuses!
- Auto-Play mode!

Support
Contact us at info@foursakenmedia.com for any questions or help!

Eli's comments:

War Tortoise

Foursaken Media
Genres: Games Arcade Action Entertainment
GAME CENTER ENABLED
Free

Quote:
Take control of the mighty War Tortoise, a heavy tank armed to the teeth with powerful weapons and automated turrets! Equip weapons, recruit units, build defenses, collect resources, and ultimately defend against a huge onslaught of enemy forces. Combining a shooter, idle gaming, and tower defense, War Tortoise is a unique mix of gaming that anyone can enjoy!

FEATURES
- Unique mix of a shooter, idle game, and tower defense!
- Incredible 3D graphics - watch as a huge war unfolds before your eyes like never before!
- HUGE scale battles!
- Tons of units, upgrades, and defenses to discover!
- Customize your play style with powerful Perks!
- Discover 8 new worlds with different times of day and weather!
- Dozens of unique enemy types!
- Prestige to new heights, giving huge gameplay bonuses!
- Auto-Play mode!

Support
Contact us at info@foursakenmedia.com for any questions or help!

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone-3GS
  • iPhone4
  • iPodTouchFourthGen
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 6.0

Download Size: 212.9MB

04-27-2016, 11:59 AM
Downloading this second!!

I will post impressions later. I've been waiting and waiting and waiting for this one.

Thanks Foursaken!

04-27-2016, 12:03 PM
Already gotten to The Next Generation (where you play a War Picard ...naw, where you start again with added power when you reach an impasse, which in my case was the toad ) and I'm in love already. I'm so glad that Foursaken are back to beleaguering the animal kingdom again. Someone there definitely tortured bugs with magnifying glasses when they were a kid. The graphics are gorgeous, the gameplay so much fun, and the IAP from what I can tell not a big deal (though I may buy something just 'cause it's foursaken). Not sure how I'll feel when I'm further down the line and butt heads with a Nuclear Salamander, but it's great so far.
04-27-2016, 12:06 PM
I am at work with no wifi 😁
04-27-2016, 12:10 PM
Game of the week
04-27-2016, 12:14 PM
Ooooh... it's finally out! Was in the first part of Beta on this once however i stopped coz i had issues playing the game. What i had played (too much for a couple day's playtime ) i really enjoyed it, that i decided not to continue after i sent in my beta notes, just so i would really enjoy the game's depth once the game is out... And now it is here.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
04-27-2016, 12:23 PM
This is like a 3D take on Shellrazer. Very fun stuff.
04-27-2016, 12:26 PM
It's arrived!

I don't even know where to begin. My first thing I would need to say in all fairness is I did take part in the beta and I may be biased but I do a lot of reviews on this site and I always try to be honest when I do. With this said here we go.

You want this game! Without a doubt this game is one of my top contenders for game of the year! Why? Because it has everything. It is an intense experience where you actually feel that you are an integral part of a massive battle that's alive and has a life of its own. The art style and graphics are phenomenal. The sounds and explosions are intense. When you upgrade your mortars the blasts get so huge it's like setting off nukes. If they blow close enough the blasts block the view of the battlefield briefly as billets are whizzing back and forth. It's just amazing. The game has a shit ton of upgrades that keep you playing to constantly add troops and upgrade those troops and upgrade your war tortoise. It is a mix of the classic tap game and an intense 3rd person combat game. There's a full regeneration system which you can make the next generation even better by using tokens on top of getting to the highest level possible before getting killed or choosing to regenerate. There's so much strategy to playing this game. It's just kick ass. I could go on and on but I'll leave room for others to comment.

Let's talk monetization. I already purchased the $20 token pack. Yes. This game is really worth it to me. Foursaken Media deserves the money. Now here's the thing. You need to be very prudent when using your tokens. Play for a long while and keep regenerating. Don't waste your tokens on cash until you get over level 100 atleast. They are actually best used on getting 3 perks immediately. I've made it really far getting the immediate perks. But again be sparing. I absolutely recommend getting the permanent double damage as well as the double cash and the double perks. These single token purchases are worth it. The game has full iCloud support so all purchases are protected. I had no problems with iCloud during the beta. Just don't forget to manually back up your save.

Devs, I need a change in the IAP. It's my only complaint and an easy fix. Please add an IAP to remove the forced interstitial ads. I need this. I don't want any forced ads when I load the game. I want to pay to remove them. Please make this happen. I don't mind the opt in ads for the perks. You should add opt in ads for cash too. I'd watch a ton of ads for that. But the forced ads gotta go and are my only complaint. Please fix this.

To close up this game really is fun and amazing. Wait until you get to a boss. They are massive. It's intense. When you see a massive multi story raccoon coming at you with cannons and armor you will shit yourself. I am so happy to finally see the game released and I'm happy to have spent $20 on this game. I'll spend more when they add a way to remove the forced ads. It's worth it. These guys know how to make a game. It's 5 stars for sure. Just play it. You'll see.

Billy

Last edited by LordShad0wz; 04-27-2016 at 12:30 PM.
04-27-2016, 12:27 PM
This is an instant download. I would have no problem spending $10-15 on this game.
04-27-2016, 12:35 PM
Looks absolutely fantastic but gameplay seems like it'd get boring.. On rails shoot shoot and shoot some more. But I've yet to play sooooo

Last edited by TouchiMedia; 04-27-2016 at 12:38 PM.