★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

When will Nintendo actually release games that we really want?

04-27-2016, 07:00 PM
When will Nintendo actually release games that we really want?

Hello fellow gamers, I just read an article about Nintendo to release two more games within the coming years (Source) and I think that is quite an existing report. However, who cares about the games that they're about to release? Why not put like Pokemon (I'd be fine with Emerald) on the App Store?

Before you guys say anything, I know that it's possible to get Pokemon on iPhone and I did but it's not the same feeling when you download the official one from Nintendo. What do you guys think?
04-27-2016, 07:19 PM
They wont. But they will release games that you will have to pay for over and over.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

04-27-2016, 07:32 PM
Well, Fire Emblem is a *great* game.
But I don't think it will be a port, sadly.
04-27-2016, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atchoo View Post
Well, Fire Emblem is a *great* game.
But I don't think it will be a port, sadly.
Bittersweet truth.
04-28-2016, 06:24 AM
never - I've already lost hope with Nintendo
04-28-2016, 07:22 AM
Pokemon is not something I want. Ever. Just looks and seems like a child's game. Have absolutely zero interest in it. Doubt that we'll see there actual titles anytime in the near future. That's what their dedicated handheld is for.
04-28-2016, 09:30 AM
I agree! Pokemon seems like a child's game and I actually don't like it. Let's just wait and see for new updates coming from them. As of now, everything is just too shallow.
04-28-2016, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangbone View Post
child's game
*cough cough* nintendo *cough*

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
04-28-2016, 01:05 PM
I cannot count how many lies the company mentioned above has fed the public since the Wii U system's release, whether it be release dates, canceled games, or expected games. Definitely some great exclusive games but the technology is behind.

NX in March 2017? Should be interesting.

I think a lot of their mobile games are going to be duds.
04-28-2016, 02:27 PM
I am very, very excited for animal crossing coming to iOS. I'm curious if will be a spin off style game, but just imagining a portrait friendly (not exclusively) edition of AC for mobile has me almost giddy with excitement. Then add in multiplayer, trading etc. It has massive potential for me, even if we can easily assume it will be F2P and all that. I hoping for a full price offline edition, but not expecting that in any way.