★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Tormentum: Dark Sorrow $4.99-->$2.99

04-28-2016, 12:17 PM
Tormentum: Dark Sorrow $4.99-->$2.99

04-28-2016, 02:38 PM
What? Didn't this come out only last week or something? It's like Star Knight all over again!

04-28-2016, 02:44 PM
It's a don't hate the player, hate the game deal, I think. Apple is a bit like Victorian England, in that there's no safety net (other than the workhouse) if you don't happen to be one of a lucky featured few. Unless you want to see your game drop into the murky mire where all the thousands of games that came and went go, a sale's your next best bet, and even that's usually a last-ditch kind of thing. In the case of Star Knight, it seemed to get some kind of attention- featured in quite a few countries- but I can see why a lot of other games do it.
04-28-2016, 04:04 PM
Sadly this came out during all the Earth Day (Earth 2 Weeks?) hoopla on the App Store, so I can imagine it not getting proper traction. I don't regret the purchase at all...quite the contrary, I consider this one of my best purchases of 2016 and would do it over and over again if I had the chance.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
04-28-2016, 10:58 PM
It was worth $5, it's definitely worth $3. I still hate it when devs do this. It's a slap in the face to their best customers.

I play lots of games, especially async ones. You can add me on GC: geoelectric
04-29-2016, 12:31 AM
It's not a slap in the face!!! All app prices go down. You want it cheap, you wait. You want it now, you pay. How people are complaining over two bucks boggles my mind!
04-29-2016, 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by demod1 View Post
It's not a slap in the face!!! All app prices go down. You want it cheap, you wait. You want it now, you pay. How people are complaining over two bucks boggles my mind!
I found a fantastic parking spot the other day. A spot where people have spent years leaving their cars without having to pay a cent, while 5 meters away sits a park meter and a paid parking zone. I got out of the car at 10 AM, came back at 2 PM...all good right? Yep. Decided "**** it, I'm not gonna lose this fantastic parking because I have university in a couple of hours". Walked down the road, had lunch, literally walked back 20 minutes later and found a parking ticket on my car.

Moral of this story? I paid $30 with a smile on my face for a ****ing parking ticket and people here are complaining about a $2 price-drop. The App Store generation, ladies and gentlemen.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
04-29-2016, 04:12 AM
For the record, I'd just like to state I wasn't complaining! Actually, I just feel sorry for developers who have to drop the price for a well received game almost immediately after release. I also get that it's annoying for anybody who paid on day one, obviously, but really I think it's a sad indication of how tough the App Store is becoming as a market. Pros and cons...
04-29-2016, 11:49 AM
That sale must have been short, less than a day, since the price has returned to $6.99 in Canada. (I assume that it's $4.99 in the US)