★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Command your own battle fortress! Assemble the mightiest artillery force and bombard your foes into oblivion! Lead the Empire State offensive against Traitor General and his foul rebellion.

Build and customize your battle fortress as you wish
Use Active Pause to freeze time and issue multiple orders instantly
Command vast arsenal of weapons, from individual soldiers to superguns
Infiltrate, Annihilate or grind your targets down through Attrition

Set in the dystopian future in which the First World War never ended, humanity knows only war and bombardment.

You are a Strike Commander, tasked by Fuhrer of the Empire State to spearhead an artillery offensive against Traitor General Kranz. You might be the one to end all wars.

Customize and manage your battle fortress. Grow and upgrade your arsenal of weapons and utility facilities, then place them in different slots of your fortress layout.

You are in command. Target your guns and command your soldiers. Active Pause allows you to freeze time and issue multiple orders simultaneously. Put out fires, repair damaged weapons and unleash orchestrated assaults on your opponent.

Get rewards for victory. Gain new fortress layouts as you conquer the rogue state of Krux, earn medals and perks to aid you in battle.

IN-APP PURCHASES

The free game is limited to 18 missions. If you like the game, you can upgrade to a premium edition. There are no repeatable microtransactions!

Boardumb's comments:

04-28-2016, 07:16 PM
One of my favourite developers ever. I have absolutely no idea what this is about yet, but I already know I'm going to love it.

Last edited by Son of Anarchy; 04-28-2016 at 07:19 PM.

04-28-2016, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Anarchy View Post
One of my favourite developers ever. I have absolutely no idea what this is about yet, but I already know I'm going to love it.
Actually not bad, but don't see much strategy other than turret placement, attack targets. Will play more, iap to unlock premium stages, $2.99 to $5.99
04-29-2016, 02:42 AM
Bought this on steam two days ago!

Basing this on my Steam experience (downloading now on my phone / iPad) it's a compelling game (although I would say the hand-holding goes on for a little too long).
You select the layout of your bunker / fortress...buy and place weapons, defences and utilities (radars, armouries, command centres, medbays etc) and then fight it out with another base.
Fighting is micromanaging where your guns are firing, what kind of ammo, sending off zeppelins with troops etc and moving your soldiers around (they repair and buff rooms) to keep the base operational and (more importantly) keep them alive! The PC has a pause function (like FTL etc) where you can issue orders instead of doing it real time...I'm assuming it's the same here.
You unlock more guns / rooms / upgrades as the levels progress and the variety of opponents is quite good.
It's like The spaceship battle bit of FTL with nicer graphics in a nutshell and well worth the IAP (I paid 5 for the steam version).

Gamecenter I.D - defard
Xbox One - defard2001
PS4 - defard
Feel free to add me peeps!
04-29-2016, 06:39 AM
ITS OUT! Hexage is one of my fav devs since Radiant, Radiant Defence, Evac, Totemo, Reaper the quest of the pale swordsman is a master piece of epic proportions, the masters of neon colors that pop in their games, since Robotek ive been a fan...this looks like a mix of Robotek and whatever the heck they can think of next. Very excited to play this! Hexage is like a fine wine that gets better with age!

Last edited by Delusionaltool; 04-29-2016 at 06:42 AM.
04-29-2016, 07:28 AM
Looks great! And sounds great! Seems it's like FTL but in a different setting... And on a iPhone!!
04-29-2016, 01:43 PM
This is awesome. I agree with the comparison to FTL ship battles, especially as you progress further. I just unlocked the full game, and happily paid for the $6 version to support the return to the AppStore of a great developer.

It's too late.
04-29-2016, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
This is awesome.
This does seem awesome (from the first levels). Polished port of what seems like a very polished, quite original, accessible but not entirely shallow desktop strategy title.

EDIT: And I can imagine that the going gets extremely hectic and fun and quite complex once our little murder towers sport a few (dozens) rooms and turrets.

Vocalist of Earthbridge and Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona

Last edited by Ayjona; 04-29-2016 at 03:04 PM.
04-29-2016, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayjona View Post
This does seem awesome (from the first levels). Polished port of what seems like a very polished, quite original, accessible but not entirely shallow desktop strategy title.
If you liked the first few levels, I think you're going to like it quite a bit. The beggining is sort of a tutorial and introduction to some general concepts, it gets much more challenging and complex as you progress past the free portion of the game.

I will say, and this is no longer directed at you Ayjona, that those who aren't interested in micromanagement will quickly become frustrated and lose interest. Designing your base and then blasting away is much of the fun, but success requires constantly shifting your troops to put out fires, repair damage, heal, repel enemy troops, boost firing rates of particular weapons, as well as resource management (ammo, energy, and I suppose troops as well) and the related ammo and target selection. I'm enjoying it more and more the deeper I get, and I'm already being forced to rethink my base nearly every battle.

It's too late.
04-30-2016, 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugimulm View Post
Actually not bad, but don't see much strategy other than turret placement, attack targets. Will play more, iap to unlock premium stages, $2.99 to $5.99
It gets crazy deep with strategy as the levels go on. There is definitely a game worth investing your time and (game unlock) money here. The atmosphere created is fantastic also. Super talented developer who always manages to add something special/unique into each of his games. And I also applaud his monetisation choice, probably the best I've seen. Your choice of three unlocks, (the same as in Reaper) each giving you more than the previous, with the third choice giving you everything outright. That's it, no more to spend. A developer I fully support without blinking.