★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Hi, How Are You - Discussion

10-08-2009, 10:19 PM
Hi, How Are You - Discussion

(I did search to see if someone had started a thread about this before me, but no results came up so I am starting one!) I recently picked up "Hi, How Are You" the "psycho religious Frogger-like platformer" inspired by the artwork and music of Daniel Johnston. If you do a little web-searching, you can discover that Daniel Johnston is 48, grey-haired, diagnosed as Bipolar, and uncontrollably shakes. He has lived a somewhat tragic life and it is easy to see why he would never be accepted by mainstream music ='( - But I have found something really special about this game which led me to really liking Johnston's music. The game is very trippy & definitely original. Although it is pretty easy to play-through, more levels will be added soon. I like the concept of it and the entire game just kinda moves me spiritually. Johnston's low-fi music and simple lyrics still seem to shine despite those factors. I don't know how to describe it exactly, but the music is relaxing, and thought-provoking. While playing the game, I just felt like I could tap out of reality for a little while and think about life in general. Hope I'm not sounding crazy, but if you play the game for yourself you will know what I'm talking about. Despite the $.99 sale ending and the price being risen to $2.99 and the fact that I had no idea who Daniel Johnston was before this app came out, I still decided to purchase the game and I really really recommend you do too.

What do you think about the one-of-a-kind "Hi, How Are You?"

**UPDATE** - Ok, now I am kinda mad. Lucky for you guys who haven't bought it, the game has gone back on sale for $.99, while I bought it on the one day it was full price inbetween these two sales...Bad Luck I guess haha.

Want Updates & Giveaways with Personality? Follow @TapDatApp on Twitter

Last edited by Tap Dat App; 10-08-2009 at 10:24 PM.
10-08-2009, 10:21 PM
Looks good. Promo code for me maybe?
10-08-2009, 10:23 PM
the price went down last time I checked

and to the begger, please don't do that and finish reading as he is not the dev

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
10-08-2009, 10:26 PM
That thread didn't come up on my search results...maybe I forgot the comma. And how does everyone post the pictures from App Shopper WITH the arrows and stuff? :/

Want Updates & Giveaways with Personality? Follow @TapDatApp on Twitter
10-08-2009, 10:27 PM