Can we get an "ignore" counterpart to the watch list?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Misguided, May 1, 2016.

1. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    I'm so tired of the news posts about Clash Royale. I'm sure there are people that love the game, and that's great, but I'd sure appreciate a way to filter out all those news posts so I don't have to see them.

2. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

What do you mean ignore? Why do you have it on your watch list if you don't want to hear about it?

3. IAP-king

IAP-king Member

Jul 15, 2013
    I think he meant a plain old "ignore" button, which is a good idea, I like clash royale but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

4. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    No, it isn't on my watch list. I want an ignore list, where I don't see anything related to it.

5. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

I must have misread your post.

6. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

You could always just not read stories about games that don't interest you, we put the title of the game in the headline and its icon as the thumbnail image so it should be pretty clear which stories are about Clash Royale. As is, on average, a typical Clash Royale story is generating anywhere between 15x and 25x the traffic anything else we post in a particular day, so covering that game is sort of here to stay.

7. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    The crowd has spoken..

8. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

We're still posting about all sorts of other games. The Clash Royale stories that people seem to be extra upset about were things Tasos posted this weekend, as the news broke. We typically don't post at all on weekends, so this is just extra content that people can totally elect to not read. It's not like we're sitting around going, "Hmm, should we write about this awesome hardcore premium RPG or just another Clash Royale story? #### it, Clash Royale it is."

Those Clash Royale stories people like to get annoyed over are very much what's paying for us to be able to write the stories they do care about.

9. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    #9 Misguided, May 2, 2016
    Last edited: May 2, 2016
    Eli, I don't read them. But they do clutter up the feed. And it isn't just the last few days, either. I've had this thought before.

Please understand that I love you guys, I've been part of the community for years and I in no way wish to be disrespectful. I wouldn't dream of telling you what you should or shouldn't cover, but I wouldn't mind the option to tune certain things out more easily. That's all.

10. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

11. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Ehh.. I don't mind too much.. My name is JohnnyClash, after all.. If it's generating 15-20% more traffic then some of the other more intellectual and engaging headlines, then so be it.. It will be interesting to see what effect, if any, this has on the general demographics of the type of participation that we have in the forums.. But even here in the forums, I think it can stand a bit a balance, which I believe I am slowly seeing the shift to over the last few years...

12. dancingcrane

dancingcrane Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2016
    I'm new, and very glad that covering Clash Royale is helping TA keep going. Without them writing about games I may not follow, they wouldn't be able to write about the games I do follow. I'm not big on fighting/exploding things. I like great characters, deep stories, beautiful music, and mental engagement. TA showed me interactive fiction and gorgeous puzzles and uncategorizable gems are still out there. TA, do what you need to. I love you guys, and thanks!

13. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    I appreciate the thought, and perhaps I misspoke by using the word "feed" but not sure how that is supposed to help with the TA app.

14. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Yeah, anything to do with the app is a no go. First and foremost because it violates an Apple guideline and an update wouldn't get approved, but also because development on the app is prohibitively expensive. There is a *bit* of granularity with what notifications you get through the app, but unfortunately there's no way to single out a specific game to be ignored.

15. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    Makes sense. Appreciate that.