★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Can we get an "ignore" counterpart to the watch list?

05-01-2016, 03:17 PM
#1
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,916
Can we get an "ignore" counterpart to the watch list?

I'm so tired of the news posts about Clash Royale. I'm sure there are people that love the game, and that's great, but I'd sure appreciate a way to filter out all those news posts so I don't have to see them.
05-01-2016, 07:46 PM
#2
Joined: Nov 2013
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Posts: 2,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
I'm so tired of the news posts about Clash Royale. I'm sure there are people that love the game, and that's great, but I'd sure appreciate a way to filter out all those news posts so I don't have to see them.
What do you mean ignore? Why do you have it on your watch list if you don't want to hear about it?

05-01-2016, 08:50 PM
#3
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonomation View Post
What do you mean ignore? Why do you have it on your watch list if you don't want to hear about it?
I think he meant a plain old "ignore" button, which is a good idea, I like clash royale but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
05-01-2016, 08:56 PM
#4
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonomation View Post
What do you mean ignore? Why do you have it on your watch list if you don't want to hear about it?
No, it isn't on my watch list. I want an ignore list, where I don't see anything related to it.
05-02-2016, 01:59 AM
#5
Joined: Nov 2013
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Posts: 2,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
No, it isn't on my watch list. I want an ignore list, where I don't see anything related to it.
I must have misread your post.
05-02-2016, 10:29 AM
#6
Joined: Feb 1983
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 1,268,691
You could always just not read stories about games that don't interest you, we put the title of the game in the headline and its icon as the thumbnail image so it should be pretty clear which stories are about Clash Royale. As is, on average, a typical Clash Royale story is generating anywhere between 15x and 25x the traffic anything else we post in a particular day, so covering that game is sort of here to stay.
05-02-2016, 10:58 AM
#7
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
You could always just not read stories about games that don't interest you, we put the title of the game in the headline and its icon as the thumbnail image so it should be pretty clear which stories are about Clash Royale. As is, on average, a typical Clash Royale story is generating anywhere between 15x and 25x the traffic anything else we post in a particular day, so covering that game is sort of here to stay.
The crowd has spoken..
05-02-2016, 11:35 AM
#8
Joined: Feb 1983
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 1,268,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyClash View Post
The crowd has spoken..
We're still posting about all sorts of other games. The Clash Royale stories that people seem to be extra upset about were things Tasos posted this weekend, as the news broke. We typically don't post at all on weekends, so this is just extra content that people can totally elect to not read. It's not like we're sitting around going, "Hmm, should we write about this awesome hardcore premium RPG or just another Clash Royale story? 💩💩💩💩 it, Clash Royale it is."

Those Clash Royale stories people like to get annoyed over are very much what's paying for us to be able to write the stories they do care about.
05-02-2016, 02:14 PM
#9
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
We're still posting about all sorts of other games. The Clash Royale stories that people seem to be extra upset about were things Tasos posted this weekend, as the news broke. We typically don't post at all on weekends, so this is just extra content that people can totally elect to not read. It's not like we're sitting around going, "Hmm, should we write about this awesome hardcore premium RPG or just another Clash Royale story? 💩💩💩💩 it, Clash Royale it is."

Those Clash Royale stories people like to get annoyed over are very much what's paying for us to be able to write the stories they do care about.
Eli, I don't read them. But they do clutter up the feed. And it isn't just the last few days, either. I've had this thought before.

Please understand that I love you guys, I've been part of the community for years and I in no way wish to be disrespectful. I wouldn't dream of telling you what you should or shouldn't cover, but I wouldn't mind the option to tune certain things out more easily. That's all.

Last edited by Misguided; 05-02-2016 at 02:16 PM.
05-02-2016, 02:17 PM
#10
Joined: Feb 1983
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 1,268,691
http://feedsifter.com should do what you want then.