★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Join the Kitty Frenzy event as seen on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, and be brilliant in Bejeweled Stars, a brand-new match-3 experience like no other! Experience endless fun and unique challenges every day in a beautiful world filled with surprises, explosions, and playful puzzles. Combine sparkling gems to earn rewards, create boosts when you need them most, uncover collectible emojis to express yourself, and even control the game board itself as you play. Free to download.

DISCOVER AMAZING CHALLENGES
Bejeweled Stars comes to life with exciting twists and distinctive ways to play. Master moving Currents of gems to enhance your matching strategy. Maneuver gem-filled Clouds around the board, causing winning cascades. Rescue floating butterflies before they slip away into the sky.

EARN, COLLECT, AND SHARE BEJEWELED EMOJIS
Open chests to reveal exclusive and delightful Bejeweled emojis that let you express your own style and send personal messages. There are hundreds to enjoy as you play!

CREATE GAME-WINNING BOOSTS
Collect brand-new SkyGems and use them to create special boosts. Use the Star Swapper to blast through difficult spots. Shuffle the game board for new matches with the Scrambler. Deploy the boosts you want, when you want them, and perfect your winning strategy.

LIGHT UP THE NIGHT SKY
Earn shining stars with every level you play. Watch as they fill Constellations in the sky and unlock amazing rewards!

BECOME A STAR
Looking for some friendly competition? Each level has its own leaderboard, making it easy to track progress in the game, compete with friends, and show off your powerful skills.

Go to your shiny place in this brand-new matching experience that takes you far away from the everyday.

Important Consumer Information: This app requires acceptance of EAs Privacy & Cookie Policy, TOS and EULA. Contains direct links to the Internet and social networking sites intended for an audience over 13.

Terms of Service: http://terms.ea.com
Privacy and Cookie Policy: http://privacy.ea.com
Game EULA: http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/mobileeula/US/en/OTHER/
Visit http://help.ea.com/en/ for assistance or inquiries.
EA may retire online features after 30 days notice posted on www.ea.com/1/service-updates.
05-02-2016, 02:50 PM

05-02-2016, 03:17 PM
billion dollars right here
05-02-2016, 09:49 PM
I am going to lose many, many hours to this...
05-03-2016, 04:42 AM
Does this require to be played online? I know this is odd question to ask, i can understand say a MMO needing a online connection but when it comes to puzzle game there couple i have on my phone that wont work unless you got a net connection....you think with a puzzle game you should be able to play it offline.

Streaming some of the newest and hottest games on youtube search touchgameplay
05-03-2016, 08:23 AM
You can play it offline. Best feature of this game is that you can craft your own powerups. So if you're stuck you can use your poweups instead of paying for extra turns
05-08-2016, 11:51 AM
I'll start out by saying I am a massive fan of Bejewelled, it's one of those types of games that invokes the Tetris effect where you can get into the zone and just pound out amazing combos at lightning speed that you couldn't do normally, and the only other game that has invoked that much blind focus for me has been Super Hexagon.

Secondly I'll admit to an aversion to anything EA, it was only recently that I realised this tho as I downloaded the MicroMachines soft launch and the sight of an EA logo when booting it up made me turn off the game immediately.
My nostalgia pushed through that after a few days and I was able to see that Codemasters still love their game and were able to make/port/license a fantastic mobile iteration of the series iAP and all.
It really made me think maybe the problem wasn't EA's demands but more of the developer not being able to stand their ground, so booting up Bejeweled Skies and seeing an EA logo didn't phase me at all. Plus I have been waiting for Bejeweled to dethrone CandyCrush and take back its Crown as the King of matching.

I could not emphasise enough how much I feel this game doesn't want me to play it. I slogged through the waiting timers and I ran out of hearts frequently because I couldn't go past a stage without 3 starring it. But during all the waiting and failures I realised the games challenges aren't about skill, they are about dumb luck and they know it even going as far as to call one level "Luck of the Drop".
This level took me about 2 days (maybe 15-20 attempts) to finally beat it. I was so happy to move on to the next set of stages and to be out of that timer hell.

My reward however was a level that has a single gem in the middle that can't be matched to but needs to be destroyed using the newly unlocked power.
I failed my first attempt at this level only to be met with the crushing realisation that making another power up takes 4 hours. So it immediately went from energy timers for 5 try's in 1-2 hours to a level with a maximum of 1 try per 4 hour wait.

So I've deleted Bejeweled Skies and I'll never play it again. I know what EA want and it's my money, they have made it very clear that they do not want me to play, they want me to pay. And I will not support this.

I have given Bejeweled my first negative review of the AppStore and really feel like every bit of nostalgia and love for the series has been completely sucked dry from my experience with this game.
If you love Bejeweled and don't want it tarnished skip this entirely.

Im just so disappointed.

Edit: forgot to say that this game does not invoke the Tetris effect at all anymore, and that is probably the most saddest part about it.

Last edited by Dueler; 05-08-2016 at 11:54 AM.
05-10-2016, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dueler View Post

So I've deleted Bejeweled Skies and I'll never play it again. I know what EA want and it's my money, they have made it very clear that they do not want me to play, they want me to pay. And I will not support this.

I have given Bejeweled my first negative review of the AppStore and really feel like every bit of nostalgia and love for the series has been completely sucked dry from my experience with this game.
If you love Bejeweled and don't want it tarnished skip this entirely.

Im just so disappointed.

Edit: forgot to say that this game does not invoke the Tetris effect at all anymore, and that is probably the most saddest part about it.
So true, RIP Popcap Games. However, the kiddies love everything free so get ready for 5 star reviews and EA to rake in the money on this "free" game!
05-11-2016, 03:45 AM
Thanks for your review dueler saved me time and frustration
05-11-2016, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forsakenxe View Post
Thanks for your review dueler saved me time and frustration
Likewise, shame they had to ruin a classic.