★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Joan Mad Run is a gory endless runngun, that takes your enemies straight into the underworld. Run through the infinite chords of well-armed guards and eerie bosses. Train your dexterity to avoid dangerous traps and deadly shots. Unlock unique weapons and cut, explode, burn, freeze, melt, incinerate, squeeze and send your enemies' souls right into the blazing inferno. Collect lives and ammo to always be ready and show them who's boss!

"Surprisingly fun and awesome" - TouchTapPlay

"Killer pixel art and super interesting weapons" - TouchArcade

"Joan Mad Run is the type of game that the national newspapers write headlines about" - Pocket Gamer

"Its a gorgeous pixel art platformer with a gory heart and a level of challenge that would make even some of the twitchiest players grin" - Gamezebo

"Joan Mad Run is a new iOS runner game by Happymagenta that steps away from the traditional runner game formula" - Indie Game Magazine

FEATURES

- dozens of exquisite and powerful weapons & upgrades
- brutal boss battles
- spectacular death effects
- mighty powerups
- various locations

More from Happymagenta:
Spyglass - outdoor GPS with augmented reality
Scany - WiFi scanner and network utility
05-03-2016, 10:52 AM
I like it. I purchased the coin doubler and the no ads.

It's a fun game! Do you think in the future you can add John too?

I unlocked the laser sword. It's pretty awesome. I love all of the weapon upgrades.

Billy

Last edited by LordShad0wz; 05-03-2016 at 11:15 AM.

05-03-2016, 12:21 PM
Terrific Tuesday! Glad this game a day early for everyone. Expecting this to be game of the week without question.
05-03-2016, 12:26 PM
Wow. This game is great.
05-03-2016, 01:24 PM
Cool downloading it now.

But I see John Mad Run also in the app store and it looks almost the same.
05-03-2016, 01:25 PM
Awesome!!
05-03-2016, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordShad0wz View Post
I like it. I purchased the coin doubler and the no ads.
Thanks =)

Quote:
It's a fun game! Do you think in the future you can add John too?
As a separate playable character or as a co-op?

Quote:
I unlocked the laser sword. It's pretty awesome. I love all of the weapon upgrades.
=)
As you can see the game has lots of references to past classics, both movies and games.
What color is yours favorite?

Last edited by Happybyte; 05-03-2016 at 01:39 PM.
05-03-2016, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj132 View Post
Cool downloading it now.

But I see John Mad Run also in the app store and it looks almost the same.
John was a kind of sneak peek.

When we understood that Joan will take much more time and budget to be done, we wanted to give people an option to have a taste of it earlier.

So we designed a couple of new levels, John and released it as a separate game, but actually it a Joan prequel and has only a few weapons available.

Joan is a kind of a full game, complete with full and more diverse set of weapons.

There is a small update is coming tonight for John as well, but changes are not noticeable.

We've fixed bugs and will turn off ads there, except icons of our own games
05-03-2016, 01:39 PM
Downloading this now!
05-03-2016, 02:19 PM
Cool thanks for explaining this, just given it a quick go as I'm still at work looks awesome, can't wait to try this more later

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happybyte View Post
John was a kind of sneak peek.

When we understood that Joan will take much more time and budget to be done, we wanted to give people an option to have a taste of it earlier.

So we designed a couple of new levels, John and released it as a separate game, but actually it a Joan prequel and has only a few weapons available.

Joan is a kind of a full game, complete with full and more diverse set of weapons.

There is a small update is coming tonight for John as well, but changes are not noticeable.

We've fixed bugs and will turn off ads there, except icons of our own games