★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Lost Pixels
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 6.7 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: GeoTron is a fast paced, skill driven, arcade shooter featuring dazzling graphics and an energetic retro soundtrack.

GeoTron features hours of fun and will bring back joyful memories of retro arcade style gameplay re-imagined with gorgeous graphics and updated play styles to keep it fresh and addictive.
Challenge your friends to beat your high score or show off how long you can survive the constant threat of oncoming enemies.

Four different and unique gameplay modes provide different challenges and offer new ways to play and high score tracking ensure you will want to play over and over again.

Inspired by other games in this genre such as Geometry Wars and Asteroids, GeoTron contains all the things which make these games addictive and fun, yet rewarding and challenging each and every time you play.

Retro soundtrack that matches the gameplay that has to be heard to be appreciated!
Hum along to your favourite 8-bit tunes as you blast the enemies away...

Gameplay modes:
* Normal mode - Fend off wave after wave of enemies as you struggle to keep your cool in this feverishly addictive classical mode. Use your lives and bombs wisely!

* Minute Madness - You only have one minute to score as much as you can. Lives and bombs are unlimited during this minute, but what strategy will you use to maximize your multiplier and try to get the biggest score possible?

* Survival - It's just you against them... except this time you cannot shoot back! How long can you survive the mounting enemy numbers? There is only one way this is going to end, but its your job to prolong the final defeat as long as possible.

* Gridlock - Lateral thinking is required in this mode to outsmart the horizontal and vertical gliders as they try their best to drive you to the edge of insanity with their single dimension movement.

There are 4 different types of control settings that you can use, and its up to you to find the one that best suits your play style. Make use of tilt functionality to control your craft, or shoot, or even use the on screen control sticks. Also be advised that some control methods will be more useful in certain game modes, experiment!

GeoTron is guaranteed to have you coming back for 'one more go' and at times you will struggle to let that elusive high score get away!

** Your feedback is greatly appreciated and any suggestions you have for future updates or improvements will be very helpful. **

Squirt Reynolds's comments:

Lite:http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=333701519&mt=8
10-09-2009, 08:05 AM
Its like geowars combined with PewPew. I'm having a lot of fun with it because of the variety in game modes and control schemes. I actually like the "tilt to move/touch to shoot" and "tilt to shoot/touch to move" schemes a lot, usually i stick to the virtual thumb sticks.

Right now I think there is a bug with the touch controls, only one d-pad works at a time so it doesn't operate properly with dual touch, at least for me - if someone can second this.

Of course with people playing Meteor Blitz and replaying Minigore now, this game doesn't offer anything especially new or amazing, but a solid 99c shooter nontheless (hope that bug gets fixed soon).

Currently Playing::Meteor Blitz, EW Jim, Boost 3D, COD: Zombies, Eliminate::

Last edited by Veratek; 10-09-2009 at 08:08 AM.

10-09-2009, 08:23 AM
Jerky controls ruin it. Not smooth at all. Shame because it looked good
10-09-2009, 09:21 AM
Pitty, I really love the style.
But none of the controls really work well.
The two dual stick options are messed up, because
there is really just one stick working at a time...

And the tilt to move/touch to shoot option would be nice,
if I would have a stick (specific area) for shooting, otherwise it's just annoyingly complecated....

The style is perfect! The music is great (also I would prefere a loop instead of fading out and starting over again).

Besides the control issue (which really kills the game),
this titles cries for updates:
sound effects, weapon upgrades etc.

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..
10-09-2009, 09:30 AM
the dev does have a website here

http://www.lostpixels.co.uk/index.htm

I wanted to email them, but they state in their FAQ to contact them via their forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
10-09-2009, 10:33 AM
I'm almost embarassed to admit that I tried this, but it would be an injustice to not share my opinion of Geotron, which is that it is utter crap.

Pros:
-Nice opening/first music track.
-Nice color scheme

Cons:
-Worst graphics of any top-down shooter I've played. Enemies are far more simplistic than those found in even the most bare-bones idevice shooters (e.g. Occurro and Geofighter have plain graphics too, but look like 5 star games next to this garbage app)
-no sound effects
-no online function or leaderboards (app store text "challenge your friends....[etc]" is intentionally misleading)
-Absolutely terrible controls - all 4 schemes bite. In tilt/shoot mode, Occurro and 2079 both beat Geotron by an enormous margin. In dual control mode, Geotron is a complete joke. Every single dual control game I've tried has better controls than this.
-no pause button. Were the devs high? I'm not sure that even that would excuse such an omission.

Summary:
Officially the worst Geometry Wars style game that I've played on any device. This is worse than all the following games (in no particular order) : Geofighter/Lightwars, Nano Fighter, Kryzer, Oort Storm, Meteor Blast, Isotope, 2079, Occurro, PewPew.

There - they got my buck, but hopefully I saved someone else theirs.
07-20-2010, 12:33 PM
I just downloaded for free. Looks cool...

Edit: ugh!! How do I change controls to Dual-Stick? I only have the tilt-touch options...

Last edited by ninjackid; 07-20-2010 at 01:08 PM.
07-20-2010, 02:46 PM
I like it but the controls are not as advertised I have no DS option which makes the game useless for me at least. dont like the other both move: tilt,touch; shoot: tilt,touch options so far, perhabs he will show up here in near future. the gfy are cool retro with some adjustments of colors you can make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatusernameistaken
There's this thing they invented way back in the 80's, it's called a "Joke". You may want to look into it...
Instagram: i5_david, feel free to add me
07-20-2010, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipod_david View Post
I like it but the controls are not as advertised I have no DS option which makes the game useless for me at least. dont like the other both move: tilt,touch; shoot: tilt,touch options so far, perhabs he will show up here in near future. the gfy are cool retro with some adjustments of colors you can make.
I have no DS option either... so there is no DS option?