★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Whats the most expensive app/game in the App store?

12-24-2008, 02:57 PM
Whats the most expensive app/game in the App store?

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=286676977&mt=8

is the most expensive one ive found, $900 anything higher than that?
12-24-2008, 02:59 PM
omg why would you pay $900 for that

WAHOO 1 more post until im a senior member

DinoSmash online id: *DoMbAv94* (stars included)
I LOVE THE IPOTCH!!!!!!
App reviewer on Appmania!
CarJack Streets Promo Code Giveaway!!!

12-24-2008, 02:59 PM
There was I am Rich, which was 999.99

"Insert generic signature here"
12-24-2008, 08:30 PM
If the app does what it says in a stable and secure way in order for it to be usefull for security, then it's not that overpriced (but then it should include support packages etc. etc.).

They need to make money on the software they develop, and their software seems to be targetting businesses.
12-24-2008, 08:33 PM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrispsInnOut View Post
If the app does what it says in a stable and secure way in order for it to be usefull for security, then it's not that overpriced (but then it should include support packages etc. etc.).

They need to make money on the software they develop, and their software seems to be targetting businesses.
You're correct, but really... However convenient this app may be, how likely is it that you'll actually need it for job??

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge
12-24-2008, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by istopmotion View Post
You're correct, but really... However convenient this app may be, how likely is it that you'll actually need it for job??
If I were to protect something of value, I would prefer night guards to have that kind of mobile access to the security feed. Well, it seems you can control the cameras from the app as well. Quite cool.
12-24-2008, 09:19 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Well. I mean really, at that price, I'm sure that you could get a dedicated device for viewing cameras. Its pretty useless really, and only medium sized businesses would even consider it.
12-24-2008, 09:24 PM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstermax View Post
Well. I mean really, at that price, I'm sure that you could get a dedicated device for viewing cameras. Its pretty useless really, and only medium sized businesses would even consider it.
EXACTLY! This is what I was trying to tell someone on another thread, yet they kept fighting me about it.

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge
12-24-2008, 09:28 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Quote:
Originally Posted by istopmotion View Post
EXACTLY! This is what I was trying to tell someone on another thread, yet they kept fighting me about it.
How could you even argue? A large business is going to have guards AND dedicated devices, and a small business doesn't have the infrastructure to be able to use the app. A medium business may find some use, but would be better off with dedicated devices OR a guard. I could see them using this if they process something valuable or in limited supply.
12-25-2008, 08:49 AM
Allright point taken.
It'd make sense if you could pay that and use it over multiple devices, but you can't.