★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Long Games

10-09-2009, 11:07 AM
Long Games

A lot of the games in the Itunes Store are pick up and play games, or have a really good idea that gets old after a decent play through. What I want is a game that doesn't get old, is decently long, and perhaps has decent replayability, but, most importantly, has a long campaign. Most of the games I've played rely on multiplayer, are just pick and play games, or have repetitive campaigns. I found Sandstorm to have an excellent campaign, and both GeoDefenses to have good campaigns. However, games like Aera and Samurai kind of disapppointed me with their short campaigns, but hopefully they're will be updates that bring me back to both soon enough. Meanwhile, though, what's a decently priced game with a long campaign/levels?
10-09-2009, 11:19 AM
Here is one of the may threads like this:http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...highlight=long

10-09-2009, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Password View Post
A lot of the games in the Itunes Store are pick up and play games, or have a really good idea that gets old after a decent play through. What I want is a game that doesn't get old, is decently long, and perhaps has decent replayability, but, most importantly, has a long campaign. Most of the games I've played rely on multiplayer, are just pick and play games, or have repetitive campaigns. I found Sandstorm to have an excellent campaign, and both GeoDefenses to have good campaigns. However, games like Aera and Samurai kind of disapppointed me with their short campaigns, but hopefully they're will be updates that bring me back to both soon enough. Meanwhile, though, what's a decently priced game with a long campaign/levels?
What have you already played?
10-09-2009, 02:25 PM
Defender Chronicles (returning soon to the store) has LOOONG game play. The campaign keeps growing with updates, but in addition, you're expected to replay levels at higher difficulties to acquire new skills/goodies. It's a tower defense game technically, but very unique, with RPG elements.

Morgan Adams (GameCenter: “Adams Immersive”)
My upcoming first game: Scree (Forum thread)
My upcoming VR horror experience: This is Not the Church of the Worm (Forum thread)
Stop making lists. Organize with shapes and colors instead: DotSpace (Forum thread)
10-09-2009, 02:38 PM
try alive for ever, car jack streets, inkvaders and gangstar west coast hustle

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.
10-09-2009, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adams Immersive View Post
Defender Chronicles (returning soon to the store) has LOOONG game play. The campaign keeps growing with updates, but in addition, you're expected to replay levels at higher difficulties to acquire new skills/goodies. It's a tower defense game technically, but very unique, with RPG elements.
I beat DF chronicles in an hour on easy, an hour and 15 minutes on medium.

OMG. Double Rainbow!
User ID: Gryphon23 Agon: Gman23
"Birthday Cake, is just Birthday Cake without a little gravy..." Gravy makes EVERYTHING better.
10-09-2009, 08:18 PM
Any td games

memory cards
10-09-2009, 09:06 PM
You prolly have it already, but zenonia was a long lasting game I enjoyed

Let's ponder our existences!
10-09-2009, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelangelo View Post
You prolly have it already, but zenonia was a long lasting game I enjoyed
this if u have a taste for 2d rpgs, its well made.
10-10-2009, 01:44 PM
Yeah I played Zenonia, and it was fun, up until the last section, I guess, at which point I finally got bored of the grinding and stopped playing. A lot of TD games have long gameplay, but only because the levels are ridiculously long and most get boring after a while, which makes me love geoDefense for its many short levels.

Long campaigns are a lot better than games that use the same mechanic with random maps, "endless" or "Survival" modes, or whatever (i.e Galcon, minigore, blahhhhhhhhh) because I find long campaigns to be much more varied in gameplay throughout its levels (i.e. Starhogs, geoDefense) Frequent updates are nice too, but Pocket God doesn't really cut it for me