★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Tap Tap Revenge 2 Vs. 3

10-09-2009, 11:10 AM
Tap Tap Revenge 2 Vs. 3

Hey everyone, for those of you that have played both Tap Tap 2 & 3 I'm curious what your thoughts are. I only have Tap Tap 2 right now and I've read some mediocre reviews about the 3rd installment...what are your opinions? Is it worth the paid upgrade from Tap Tap 2?

Daily iPhone App Video Reviews at AppNerds.com
Follow AppNerds on Twitter
10-09-2009, 11:30 AM
I was actually somewhat upset with 3. The graphics suck compared to 2, the performance of some of the track packs is unplayable (Viva la Vida is really bad), the interface to the online catalog is confusing and difficult to use, and worst of all the gameplay doesn't feel right. In particular, the taps do a weird thing where they slow down and bunch up under the tap point. Any way you cut it, that just doesn't feel right.

I want to like 3. I want to be able to pay to download more tracks that I like. But I cannot recommend TTR3 over TTR2. TTR3 is simply a disaster.

Hopefully they'll fix the various issues in updates. (Crosses fingers.)
________
MAGIC FLIGHT LAUNCH BOX

Last edited by thewiirocks; 02-17-2011 at 12:06 AM.
10-09-2009, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewiirocks View Post
I was actually somewhat upset with 3. The graphics suck compared to 2, the performance of some of the track packs is unplayable (Viva la Vida is really bad), the interface to the online catalog is confusing and difficult to use, and worst of all the gameplay doesn't feel right. In particular, the taps do a weird thing where they slow down and bunch up under the tap point. Any way you cut it, that just doesn't feel right.

I want to like 3. I want to be able to pay to download more tracks that I like. But I cannot recommend TTR3 over TTR2. TTR3 is simply a disaster.

Hopefully they'll fix the various issues in updates. (Crosses fingers.)
Ah, that's exactly what I've been hearing about it... I also want to like it (and I might have to try it anyways, I just reviewed TTR 2 for my site) but I've been hearing that it's not all that great.

Plus, TTR2 is sooooo well done that I think it would have made more sense to release an update of that one rather than redoing the whole thing.

Daily iPhone App Video Reviews at AppNerds.com
Follow AppNerds on Twitter
10-09-2009, 03:56 PM
i dont get it. I have no idea why everyones so pissed. All i can figure is you play something so much that you get so used to it, and something new and different makes you mad.

also give consideration to the fact that people have to learn the songs all over again, which will turn them off to the game because they were super pro and now theyre just pro.

As for some of the packs being unplayable, ive got tiesto,smashing pumpkins, a perfect circle, marilyn manson, the killers and every single track available for free, and i have yet to see any problems what-so-ever. Im up to level 13 so ive put in a good bit of time on it too. You EVER restart your iphone?

Its my opinion that this new installment is so far superior its not even comparable! I mean playing for high score in a room with 25 other players throwing goo on your screen, silencing the music, and an array of other weapons straight up KICKS ASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyraider4 View Post
If only birth control was more accessible...
TTR3 - Maelickai ` Plus+ - Maelick ` OpenFeint - Maelick ` Agon - Maelick -=ADD ME!=-
Me likey - Prairie Chute, Taptap Revenge 3, Cocoto Kart Racing, Xenonia (still), Hybrid - Eternal Whisper, Dungeon Hunter, SkeeBall
10-09-2009, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewiirocks View Post
In particular, the taps do a weird thing where they slow down and bunch up under the tap point.
That's so ******* annoying. I noticed it some themed TTR2 songs too. why the hell do they do that...throws off my rhythm completely.

I don't have TTR3 but certainly won't be getting it
10-09-2009, 04:34 PM
Tap Tap 3 FTW. I just wish taplulous should have a setting where you could choose between 3 default themes. TTR 1 theme, TTR 2 Theme, and TTR 3 theme.

OMG. Double Rainbow!
User ID: Gryphon23 Agon: Gman23
"Birthday Cake, is just Birthday Cake without a little gravy..." Gravy makes EVERYTHING better.