★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "This reimagining of the classic Talisman gameplay in the Warhammer 40k universe is one of the most gorgeous digital board games I have ever seen." - Brad Cummings, Boardgamegeek.com

Talisman: The Horus Heresy is a digital board game based on the Talisman rule system and set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe, during the cataclysmic events of the Horus Heresy.

Up to four players will be able to take control of one or more of the galaxys greatest heroes or most notorious villains. Taking the side of either traitor or loyalist, these Warlords will form vast companies of Space Marines, battalions of tanks and battlefleets of Spacecraft. They are the most powerful beings in the Galaxy and their followers are legion.

The new combative team play will appeal to fans of Talisman and the Horus Heresy alike. Its a unique adaptation of Talisman that has been tailored specifically for digital platforms.

In Talisman: The Horus Heresy the players experience of Talisman is scaled up exponentially, exploring not a kingdom but a whole galaxy in the 31st Millennium. No longer will you be fighting for the Crown of Command, but for the very future of humanity

- Command one of the eighteen Space Marine Legions that fought during the Horus Heresy
- Play as one of eight of the galaxys greatest heroes or most notorious villains such as Roboute Guilliman or Angron
- Multiplayer for up to 4 players
- Challenge or team-up with your friends locally and online
- Play against AI opponents
05-10-2016, 09:42 AM
Need Impressions!

05-10-2016, 10:10 AM
Originally Posted by forsakenxe View Post
Need Impressions!
So far, I am impressed and it seems like I will definitely be enjoying this one. I am only 4 or 5 moves into a game against the AI, but I just clashed with one of the actual AI players and won the battle and stole his resources!
05-10-2016, 10:48 AM
It looks amazing, and actually runs on an ipad 4; marvellous. It's an extensive reimagining of the Talisman system. Everything and everyone has different names of course, and there are some minor rule mods. Anyone familiar with the original will be able to dive straight in. If not familiar with the game then it could take a while to understand. The usual tutorial is there and it all seems well explained.
05-10-2016, 10:54 AM
I can't play regular talisman multiplayer right now because of the Game Center bug does multiplayer with this require GC?
05-10-2016, 12:11 PM
What are the in-app purchases? Currency, or content? I'm all for buying additional content, but I always question the balance of games with purchasable currency. I'm not looking to derail the thread by any means - a simple answer one way or the other is all I'm looking for.
05-10-2016, 12:30 PM
Definitly not currency I believe they are additional characters
05-10-2016, 12:39 PM
Are any other races included in this or just the Space Marines?
05-10-2016, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by DezTheSpic View Post
Are any other races included in this or just the Space Marines?
The Horus Heresy is the story about how the Emperor's Warmaster, Horus, betrays his father and creates the first organized chapter of Chaos Space Marines, out of his Luna Wolves chapter. (Been awhile, names might be off).

Point being, this is a story about space marines fighting space marines, unless the devs decides to change the lore lol, to my knowledge, having read the books up to where Magnus the Red joins the fun (no spoilers here), there shouldn't be ANY of the 40k races anywhere near this game.

I think they fight nothing but minor races in the books, metal spider things and some lizard humanoids.

Read up on the battle of Istvaan IV, I wanna say, if you wanna find out how the military aspect of the Heresy kicks off, the Lexicanum (40k wiki) is a great source for lore.

Last edited by CalinR; 05-10-2016 at 01:26 PM.
05-10-2016, 02:04 PM
I almost hit the buy button, but now I'm wondering if it might not be a little cramped playing this on an iPhone...