★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Genix Lab
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 66.5 MB
  • Version: 2.2
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Isn't it cool when you can travel around the world and visit lots of famous and wonderful cities just by solving puzzles?
Yeah, of course you can do this in City Lines!

All you have to do is connect the right dots, but be careful it's trickier than it seems.

Furthermore you can meet lots of people in different cities via Multiplayer.

In City Lines, you have to draw lines to connect color dots to fill the board to solve the puzzle and create your own beautiful and amazing cities.

You can challenge your brain with more than 1010 addictive puzzles, especially the puzzles with bridges.

Saigon, Rio, Sydney, New York, Paris... and lots of famous cities of different cultures are waiting for you to explore.

Whether you're bored, waiting for a bus or maybe being in the toilet,... this is the best game for you.

Let's download the game and enjoy your amazing and awesome journey.

wenix's comments:

City Lines for puzzle lovers

Genix Lab
Genres: Games Family Entertainment Puzzle
Free

Quote:
Isn't it cool when you can travel around the world and visit lots of famous and wonderful cities just by solving puzzles?
Yeah, of course you can do this in City Lines!

All you have to do is connect the right dots, but be careful it's trickier than it seems.

Furthermore you can meet lots of people in different cities via Multiplayer.

In City Lines, you have to draw lines to connect color dots to fill the board to solve the puzzle and create your own beautiful and amazing cities.

You can challenge your brain with more than 1010 addictive puzzles, especially the puzzles with bridges.

Saigon, Rio, Sydney, New York, Paris... and lots of famous cities of different cultures are waiting for you to explore.

Whether you're bored, waiting for a bus or maybe being in the toilet,... this is the best game for you.

Let's download the game and enjoy your amazing and awesome journey.

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone4
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.0

Download Size: 62.5MB

05-12-2016, 09:41 AM
There was a preview article on TA about this game: http://toucharcade.com/2016/01/06/city-lines-trailer/

But after 4 months of struggled development (it had been expected by end of Feb 2016), finally we can complete it.
So epic

05-20-2016, 06:36 AM
This looked to be an EXACT fit for me. Was very excited... but the system of rating the player's performance on each puzzle absolutely ruins it. Games like this are supposed to be about trying different solutions, starting and re-starting lines, attacking the problem from different directions until the correct path is found. The game penalizes you for it: any "moves" beyond the minimum result in a deduction of a star from your score. Your finger slips as you're drawing a path? Star deduction. And then, I was getting stars deducted for no reason at all: I completed the same puzzle about four times, just to make sure every one of my movements was perfect, and I still only got two stars.

It wouldn't matter, but the stars determine how much of the city is built up in the animation after you win the puzzle... the core feature that sets this game apart from other path drawing puzzles. So, missing out on stars is a huge deal, but aiming to get maximum stars makes for a pretty poor gameplay experience.
05-20-2016, 09:56 AM
Thanks a lot for your feedback! That doesn't sound good indeed. We'll see how it can be improved for sure!

Btw, have you tried Multiplayer?
05-20-2016, 10:01 AM
Oh, and about this comment of yours: "I completed the same puzzle about four times, just to make sure every one of my movements was perfect, and I still only got two stars."

Could you please tell me it happened in which pack and which level? There are 2 possible reasons:

+ You drew a path that informed 2x2 cells (did you notice the light red color highlighted when that happened?)
+ Or it's a bug

Thanks again!

Last edited by wenix; 05-20-2016 at 10:33 AM.
05-20-2016, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wenix View Post
+ You drew a path that informed 2x2 cells (did you notice the light red color highlighted when that happened?)
That was it. I noticed the red color on other stages, but thought it meant I had drawn the path wrong. I did NOT notice it on this one, which is why I assumed I wasn't my fault. The highlight may have been missing, or I might have been careless: at any rate, it was Japan lvl. 1.

Thanks for reading my comment! I love path-drawing games, and I love all sorts of games that build cities: so this was a natural for me. I love the art style, and the presentation. I LOVE that the path styles are randomized (roads, water, etc.). But I really felt that the two mechanics -- city building and path drawing -- were in conflict. Of course, I might be the only one who thinks so; in truth, it looks like no one else has ever tried to make a path drawing game that had any goal but completing a picture.
06-22-2016, 01:42 AM
In the new version (already live on Appstore), we tried to decrease the threshold for finger mistakes. Hopefully it will make you and other players feel better, although we still keep the rule of trial 'n error (don't allow many trials).
06-22-2016, 01:44 AM
Have you seen the Tower of Pisa in Italy?

Last edited by wenix; 06-22-2016 at 01:47 AM.