★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Get rid of creatures until only one remains in this original puzzle game!

Think Peg Solitaire with cute creatures instead of pegs and feature-filled terrains instead of a wooden board with holes in it. Add innovative gameplay mechanics, lush graphics, charming atmosphere, and over 100 challenging puzzles and you get Oddhop!

Oddhop is a unique puzzle game, where each puzzle takes place on a hexagonal terrain populated by a group of creatures. The goal is to collect points by eliminating the creatures one by one until a single survivor remains. This elimination is carried out by making the creatures jump, "hop", over other adjacent creatures. In this core gameplay, Oddhop resembles the classic Peg Solitaire. However, Oddhop utilizes a wide range of features to take the gameplay to the next level! Highlights include:
Play with three creature types of varying characteristics!
Traverse varying terrain types!
Interact with various gameplay elements including portals, cherry-picking, revolving platforms, statues and more!

Don't let the cute appearances fool you, things can get quite tricky!

HOW TO PLAY:
The goal is to eliminate creatures so that only one is left alive, while collecting the cherries. Tap to select a creature. Valid moves will be highlighted for you. Tap a highlighted position to jump there. Collect all the cherries by landing on them with creatures for maximum points!

Oddhop is the new game from MHGames, the maker of the popular Jewels games!

mh114's comments:

Oddhop

Mika Halttunen / MHGames
Price: $1.99 USD normally, currently 50% off: $0.99 USD!
Twitter: @mhgames_

Hey! We've just today released our puzzle game that has been in development for over 2 years: Oddhop! To celebrate the launch we have the game on sale, 50% off right off the bat! The sale ends on May 20th, so now is a good time to grab the game! See below for some screenshots and the trailer.

Hope you enjoy the game, comments and feedback is also welcome!

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 8.0

05-12-2016, 10:00 AM
Fun game with lots of Achievements and Leaderboard that is always a plus for me, without I normally won't bother at all.

You need to hop as a creature over other creatures, untill one creature is over, very puzzly, very fun.

The game has a nice atmosphere.

05-13-2016, 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROGER-NL View Post
Fun game with lots of Achievements and Leaderboard that is always a plus for me, without I normally won't bother at all.

You need to hop as a creature over other creatures, untill one creature is over, very puzzly, very fun.

The game has a nice atmosphere.
Thanks for the comments, Roger! There are indeed achievements and leaderboards for each level pack, forgot to mention those. The levels start easy but there are some good head-scratchers in there, assuming you want to get the full 3 stars from each puzzle.

One week left to snatch the game for half price!
05-13-2016, 09:57 PM
Don't let the disarmingly cute graphics fool you. This game gets challenging pretty quickly. However, the quick restarts make for a more forgiving game experience. Also, the ambient sounds and crisp graphics pull gamers in and the unique puzzles keep players engaged. I'm really enjoying the brain gymnastics this game puts me through.

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy

Last edited by ColeDaddy; 05-13-2016 at 10:00 PM.
05-13-2016, 11:26 PM
Just picked it up,I'll see how this goes. Not usually a fan of the peg solitaire mechanic but looks like there are some cool twists here.
05-14-2016, 12:20 AM
It's a very charming game, and does get challenging pretty quickly. Very fun. I love the graphics!
05-14-2016, 01:03 AM
Thank you for the comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeDaddy View Post
Don't let the disarmingly cute graphics fool you. This game gets challenging pretty quickly. However, the quick restarts make for a more forgiving game experience. Also, the ambient sounds and crisp graphics pull gamers in and the unique puzzles keep players engaged. I'm really enjoying the brain gymnastics this game puts me through.
Yeah, I wonder if we should add something along those lines to our "feature list", as the looks can be deceptive in this case for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatEscaper View Post
Just picked it up,I'll see how this goes. Not usually a fan of the peg solitaire mechanic but looks like there are some cool twists here.
I hope you end up liking it! I'd say it goes quite a lot beyond the initial "hop over pieces to get rid of them" idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentia View Post
It's a very charming game, and does get challenging pretty quickly. Very fun. I love the graphics!
Thanks, I'm personally quite happy with the artwork, turned out alright.

For fun, here is my blog post about the "visual history" of this game, take a look to see how ugly the game could have been!
05-14-2016, 05:15 AM
Just played level 21 on the first world, really great level, took me awhile, don't know why there are so few people on the Leaderboard though, come on people, it's half price, and it's really a fun game.

The free to play storm is ruining the whole IOS scene IMO.
05-14-2016, 05:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROGER-NL View Post
Just played level 21 on the first world, really great level, took me awhile, don't know why there are so few people on the Leaderboard though, come on people, it's half price, and it's really a fun game.
Yep, that level is trickier than it first looks! Thanks again for the support Roger! We've been struggling to get press coverage but hopefully things pick up at some point.
05-14-2016, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mh114 View Post

Yeah, I wonder if we should add something along those lines to our "feature list", as the looks can be deceptive in this case for sure!

For fun, here is my blog post about the "visual history" of this game, take a look to see how ugly the game could have been!
I think it would cool to add it! Also, I started following your blog since I love the behind the scenes process development stuff