★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: The NG:Moco Business Model: Games With Fewer Than Most LEVELS?

12-24-2008, 04:09 PM
Send a message via AIM to superbad
The NG:Moco Business Model: Games With Fewer Than Most LEVELS?

Topple = 9 levels
Dropship = 18, with 4 DLC as of now
Rolando = 35 levels

I'm not complaining regarding price in any way since the games are cheap anyway but their games are of some different caliber and it sucks that they have limited gameplay.

How do you feel about it? Thoughts?

PLEASE Visit The APPera | Follow Me Superbad24 | Follow The APPera Tweets
LOST. Let Go. Move On. Zing!
**GO LAKERS **
12-24-2008, 04:18 PM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
I agree. Their games are usually too short (yet very fun). Rolando is all right to me since it'll take me about five hours to finish, but I finished the first 16 levels of Dropship in under an hour. Topple didn't take me long either (maybe an hour or two).

I'd really prefer a computer based level editor on Dropship and Rolando and that will give the games so much more value!

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge

12-24-2008, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by istopmotion View Post
I agree. Their games are usually too short (yet very fun). Rolando is all right to me since it'll take me about five hours to finish, but I finished the first 16 levels of Dropship in under an hour. Topple didn't take me long either (maybe an hour or two).

I'd really prefer a computer based level editor on Dropship and Rolando and that will give the games so much more value!
That would be awesome it would make the games so much better tho they're all great right now
12-24-2008, 04:29 PM
Yea it does kinda suck.
I dont have rolando, but dropship and topple are pretty easy to beat

"Insert generic signature here"
12-24-2008, 04:45 PM
I think the pricing of Topple/Dropship reflects the length. You pay a buck for an hour or two of gameplay.

Rolando isn't as short, yes it has 36 levels, but you'll probably play through each at least twice to get all the achievements.
12-24-2008, 04:48 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
I just beat Rolando the first go round, and its not overly short. Add more levels and the risk for bugs increases. A computer-based editor for Rolando (PC/Mac/Linux) where you can drag and select level features would be ideal. I saw something about 18 missing levels. If they add those, I'll be happy.

(They added another DLC level to Dropship?!)
12-24-2008, 05:00 PM
I don't know, man. I feel betrayed, confused, defeated...Wait, that's how I always feel. What are we talking 'bout? Oh right, ah, ng:booger, well, the way I see it just as my father saw it is that [insert long story, completely irrelevant to topic]...
12-24-2008, 05:01 PM
Send a message via AIM to terrett101
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstermax View Post
(They added another DLC level to Dropship?!)
Yeah, either yesterday or the day before. A level called 'touch to go'. It's the only downloaded level I've completed so far, much easier than the others.
12-24-2008, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everydaynormalguy View Post
I don't know, man. I feel betrayed, confused, defeated...Wait, that's how I always feel. What are we talking 'bout? Oh right, ah, ng:booger, well, the way I see it just as my father saw it is that [insert long story, completely irrelevant to topic]...
And you say I have a hard time staying on topic...

Gamecenter:1337brian
12-24-2008, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337brian View Post
And you say I have a hard time staying on topic...
It's just too damn quiet around hear. 'Tis the time for Christmas Trollin' fa la la la la la lal la la...