★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

ARMAJET - Multiplayer Arena Shooter Built For Mobile (Alpha)

05-14-2016, 08:17 PM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
ARMAJET - Multiplayer Arena Shooter Built For Mobile (Alpha)

Hi all!

Jeff here, helping out with community for Super Bit Machine, and we're happy to share our currently-in-alpha multiplayer mobile shooter, ARMAJET. We're currently looking for interested gamers in helping us test out our game in different aspects, which is key for a multiplayer title.

Touch Arcade actually highlighted the alpha here, if you want some background reading - we're actively taking signups and rolling out invites in batches on iOS and Android as well!

For a little about ARMAJET itself, it's quick, fun, and easy to pick up. We took inspiration from classic arena shooters like Quake and Unreal, while adding some cool aspects and features from modern titles.

If you're looking forward to armoring up, sign up for the Alpha here!

Please feel free to share feedback here or tweet to our team at @armajet - whether it's related to bugs, gameplay, features, etc., we're happy to hear it and talk to our players.

Thanks!
- The ARMAJET Team

UPDATE (Aug. 11): We're rolling out our Beta on August 18th! Thanks to everyone that checked out the Alpha in one capacity or another - we've incorporated and listened to a lot of feedback, and you'll see those tweaks and updates with the Beta release. It'll be open to more folks on iOS and Android and we're taking signups at bottom of our website: http://superbitmachine.com/armajet/

Last edited by jlegs; 08-11-2016 at 12:06 PM. Reason: update for beta release
05-14-2016, 09:24 PM
Got the beta yesterday and played it a bit and I love it! Excellent game! The only issue i had was shooting, it's a bit slow and it doesn't always work but I am sure it will be perfect after a good update.

05-14-2016, 10:11 PM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by djstout View Post
Got the beta yesterday and played it a bit and I love it! Excellent game! The only issue i had was shooting, it's a bit slow and it doesn't always work but I am sure it will be perfect after a good update.
Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, this alpha is to get a sense of where to go with mechanics, game economy, etc. - the more players, the better chance of actionable feedback we can get like this.
05-14-2016, 11:30 PM
Well I love it,sometimes I have problems with moving (like jetting upwards) but maybe because I'm using an iPad with a wider screen and all but I love it....hopefully more gun,secondary and perks will be added before full release
05-15-2016, 06:14 AM
Did you guys decide on a payment model? One time charge or F2P? Really think this game has a premium feel that progress should be rewarded with skill, not timers and things like that.. Just my 2 cents!
05-15-2016, 10:04 AM
Until I know if there's an NDA in place to stop me from gushing away here, let me just say... be excited. Be very excited.

Vocalist of Earthbridge and Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona
05-16-2016, 05:21 PM
Awesome awesome awesome game. So glad you started a thread here. Musta been a swell guy who suggested it to ya.

Absolutely cannot wait for CTF mode to come.

Want to be able to name my character something other than BravadoWaffle in the game.

Custom suits and skins will be awesome, and I'll be spending my cash to buy me a cool suit / helmet combo or something.

Obviously the in-game economy isn't quite there. Gold is really really hard to come by. But I don't think you guys are worrying about that right now.

I'm noticing that sometimes a little target reticule appears on one of the players and my gun tracks them, but I can't reproduce it with any consistency, and I'm not sure why it happens.

Overall though, nothing but praise for the game. It's amazingly slick and smooth and I've got some pretty healthy rivalries going with a few players. So keep up the good work!
05-16-2016, 05:26 PM
This looks excellent.
05-16-2016, 06:10 PM
I'm playing in the alpha and this game is really really cool. It's really well put together. Good menus and it's really fun. It's in alpha only and it already feels like an awesome game. One of my favorite games already. Great Job!!
05-16-2016, 07:34 PM
Any chance of Mfi support? Would love to play with a controller.