Don't Be Squared: from the creators of Pirate Legends TD

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by superhippo, May 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superhippo

superhippo Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, we are the designers from SuperHippo and we are happy to announce our new game, Don't Be Squared!

The game is currently in Soft Launch in Canada (on iOS) and we are looking to global release it sometime in the next 1-2 weeks!

It is an action-packed endless runner where you draw clouds to jump, bounce, fling, smash and dash!
    A mad scientist is turning everything into cubes. Run as fast and far as you can to escape his magic ray and avoid becoming squared! Draw clouds to jump, bounce, fling, yank, smash and dash your way through an unforgettable adventure packed with adrenaline. Whatever you do, don’t be squared!

FEATURES
    ★ Fast-spaced, high-speed, pulse-pounding platforming action
    ★ Simple one-finger tap and swipe controls
    ★ Eye-popping graphics and rip-roaring cartoon animations
    ★ Run through jungle, beach, volcanoes, temple and secret locations!
    ★ Unlock and upgrade surprising characters, power-ups, weapons and sidekicks - 4 playable characters with unique abilities!
    ★ 6 fireflies to help you in need!
    ★ Different enemies sets for each environment!
    ★ 3 stars progress for each level!
    ★ Awesome unique soundtracks and sfx!
    ★ In-game help, achievements...hours of gameplay await you!
    ★ Compete against your friends to get the best high score

For the latest updates, news and tips:
    http://www.facebook.com/dontbesquaredgame
    https://twitter.com/DontBeSquaredSH

Any issues? Contact us at [email protected]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    #2 ROGER-NL, May 16, 2016
    Last edited: May 16, 2016
    Like the look of this and the Characters, now I am not perse an endless runner fan, but this game I will try for sure, good luck with your launch, great that it has Achievements, that is always a plus for me.

I read in the description that it has levels were you can get three stars on, now I am confused is it endless or level based.

3. extreme472000

extreme472000 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    USA
    Looks awesome. Just downloaded on my other account. My only question is, wither my progress will transfer over via gamecenter, icloud or facebook?

4. kripa1415`

kripa1415` Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2012
    i love all those colours ! that's amazing !! i really want to test this game !!

5. mr_wexer

mr_wexer Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2011
    Looks beautiful, reminds me of Kirby!

6. superhippo

Each level is an endless runner, playing the next level will help you get a better score.
    You will unlock the next level after you fill the progress bar and you may keep running to reach a three stars progress. As in any other endless runner game, the more time you spend playing it, the more challenging and rewarding it gets.

At the moment, your highscore will be transferred via Facebook and Game Center.
    We are working to transfer all the player’s stats via Game Center.

We really appreciate your feedback, guys.

7. superhippo

Hi guys! We’ve just extended the availability to these territories: Australia, New Zealand, Ireland and Romania. Feel free to try it and drop some feedback. Thanks!

8. otravu

otravu Active Member

May 16, 2016
    Bucharest, Romania
    downloaded it on my SE and it looks really nice! the characters remind me of rayman. good luck!

9. extreme472000

May 25, 2012
    USA
    When you said, your looking to transfer stats via gamecenter in a future update, does that mean all purchased upgrades and characters with transfer over after the update?

10. superhippo

After the update all your progress will remain the same, all purchased upgrades and characters will be transferred.

11. xtune0

xtune0 Member

May 4, 2016
    This game has an Nintendo look to it. And I love the art style too. :)

12. mr_wexer

Mar 6, 2011
    The gameplay is definitely similar to Yoshi: Touch and Go on the DS and that more recent Kirby game on the WiiU Kirby and the Rainbow Curse. You draw your path and the little guy goes wherever you're drawing....but it's super fast paced compared to these platformers, it's fun so far!

@Superhippo can you share more details on how the fireflies and the main runner guys work together?

13. otravu

otravu Active Member

May 16, 2016
    Bucharest, Romania
    are you guys planning to do an Android version too sometime in the future? my mom said she'd love to play it on her phone :D

14. superhippo

Great news guys! We’ve locked down the date for iOS and Android global release: 2nd of June!
    We’ll be waiting for all of you to join us in our fight against the Scientist and his squared minions! Run! Don’t Be Squared!

15. superhippo

Mr_wexer, it’s nice to see you’ve found the resemblance with Yoshi and Kirby. Indeed, Don’t Be Squared is super fast paced and it’s way more challenging! You need to be very sharp to avoid all kinds of danger The Scientist sends your way. Obstacles, the magic ray, different squared enemies with different dynamics, all of them will try to get you and turn you into a cube. So, you definitely must run, dodge and hit enemies and obstacles using clouds and/or dash.
    But you are not alone! Fireflies are your helpers. Each one has a special power you need in order to overcome danger. Also, the main runner guys have special powers! Get them all and assemble the perfect team to beat each set of enemies in the environments you’ll discover!

16. mr_wexer

Mar 6, 2011
    Sounds awesome I was a huge fan of Yoshi Tounch and Go back in the day. Getting the high scores on Cyberscore was my weekend done :))

17. extreme472000

May 25, 2012
    USA
    Awesome news! Also will purchasing the coin doubler remove ads?

18. superhippo

#18 superhippo, May 20, 2016
    Last edited: May 20, 2016
    Any in-app purchase will remove ads.

19. extreme472000

May 25, 2012
    USA
    The daily rewards aren't working. I play everyday and it always says day 1 reward 50 coins and never gets past day one.

20. otravu

otravu Active Member

May 16, 2016
    Bucharest, Romania
    yeah, noticed that myself too after playing for a few days (didn't notice it at first). i guess i can wait until june 2nd with the hope they fix it. i need them hearts!!