★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Survive in an ever-shifting labyrinth filled with vicious monsters and valuable gemstones. Choose your hero, arm them with magical weapons, spend runes to call on special powers, and aim for a high score in this deck-building tactics game where the deck is the dungeon.

At least four enigmatic enemies to battle.
Eight different heroes to play as, each with their own special ability and a unique challenge to face.
Thirty-two weapons to level up.

From the creator of 868-HACK.
Honorable mention for Excellence in Design, Independent Games Festival 2016.
05-18-2016, 08:22 AM
What? A new Michael Brough game? I had no idea this was coming out what an awesome surprise

05-18-2016, 08:32 AM
I had high hopes for this game, but the App Store description feels... underwhelming.

"At least four enigmatic enemies to battle.
Eight different heroes to play as, each with their own special ability and a unique challenge to face.
Thirty-two weapons to level up."

Maybe it's just a phrasing thing - i.e. are thees 4 enemy types, or 4 bosses? Are the levels only one screen?

Also, the high-score chasing theme is not necessary my thing - I know quite a few TAers are into that, but I prefer a proper ending in my roguelikes.

Still will likely purchase, but will wait for some impressions before doing so.
05-18-2016, 09:25 AM
Frankly, this game is awesome. Buy it now.
05-18-2016, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjft View Post
I had high hopes for this game, but the App Store description feels... underwhelming.
The only description needed is Michael Brough.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
05-18-2016, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeDaddy View Post
What makes it awesome ?
05-18-2016, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post
100% this. I didn't even hesitate to purchase this...
05-18-2016, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeDaddy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post
Haha.

I hear good things - alas never really played 868 Hack or any of the other game so I'm definitely curious and keen on trying it out!
05-18-2016, 11:06 AM
I'm enjoying it so far but must admit it is a weird beast unlike any other game you've likely played.

Does anybody understand how character leveling works? It seems very random with no level gained for eons and then I shoot up two levels in just a couple of turns. It can't be based on the toughness of monsters as they remain constant throughout the game (I've yet to see any but the basic 4, not sure if there are more at this point).

I love how the weapons themselves level based on how many baddies you kill with them. This also is in no way transferable between same weapons, i.e. just because you've managed to level up your Vicious Crossbow in the upper left corner doesn't mean another Vicious Crossbow on the grid will grant any special advantages.

Oh, I also just learned a big blatant clue, the monster's color coding lets you know what kind of damage they do. Most do physical damage but at least one will do mana damage, and if either stat reaches 0, it's lights out.

Another 5 star MB game!

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
05-18-2016, 11:40 AM
I wiped one of the boards with one of the characters whilst fiddling about, and now I can't play with that character as they haven't unlocked board editing yet. Is this some bug, or can anyone help me out here. Cool game I'm still trying to take in the mechanics for.