★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: LILA SOFT
  • Genre: Music
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 79.6 MB
  • Version: 1.3.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: In a desolated world, a lonely driver sets off to a journey to the surreal world of beats. Racing through the gorgeous soundscape, you explore the world by following the trail of alluring beats. Adventuring across the road, you jump over obstacles and defeat enemies to finish the race to complete all 8 music.
Discover the beautifully designed backgrounds and unlock all the handcrafted uniquely designed cars. Join the fast-paced journey of rhythmic electronic music and stunningly stylish visuals.

Features :

- STUNNING GRAPHICS
Experience the beautifully minimalistic 3D design and surreal graphics of the game world.
Journey across the mysterious, special themed background landscape such as the luminous valley, melting canyon, reflex lake and many more. Explore and unlock all the stunning futuristic car designs.

- EASY CONTROLS
Drive sideways and jump to collect beats and avoid obstacles. This very addictive game is designed to be simple and easy for anyone to enjoy.

- ELECTRONIC MUSIC
The game world presents 8 electronic indie music.
For the best experience play with headphones and full volume.

How to Play :

- Collect the Beats by driving the car sideways.
- Jump to avoid obstacles.
- Defeat the enemies by gathering the Beats.
- Finish each stage to complete 8 music.
- Upgrade higher speed cars by collecting more coins and gems.
- Challenge to " perfect clear" all stages.

touchy85's comments:

Beat Racer

LILA SOFT
Genres: Games Music Arcade
GAME CENTER ENABLED
Free

Quote:
In a desolated world, a lonely driver sets off to a journey to the surreal world of beats. Racing through the gorgeous soundscape, you explore the world by following the trail of alluring beats. Adventuring across the road, you jump over obstacles and defeat enemies to finish the race to complete all 8 music.
Discover the beautifully designed backgrounds and unlock all the handcrafted uniquely designed cars. Join the fast-paced journey of rhythmic electronic music and stunningly stylish visuals.

Features :

- STUNNING GRAPHICS
Experience the beautifully minimalistic 3D design and surreal graphics of the game world.
Journey across the mysterious, special themed background landscape such as the luminous valley, melting canyon, reflex lake and many more. Explore and unlock all the stunning futuristic car designs.

- EASY CONTROLS
Drive sideways and jump to collect beats and avoid obstacles. This very addictive game is designed to be simple and easy for anyone to enjoy.

- ELECTRONIC MUSIC
The game world presents 8 electronic indie music.
For the best experience play with headphones and full volume.

How to Play :

- Collect the Beats by driving the car sideways.
- Jump to avoid obstacles.
- Defeat the enemies by gathering the Beats.
- Finish each stage to complete 8 music.
- Upgrade higher speed cars by collecting more coins and gems.
- Challenge to " perfect clear" all stages.

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone4
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.1

Download Size: 79.6MB

05-18-2016, 11:49 AM

The actual gameplay is really solid, a level based autorunner with 8 level I think. But the audio and visuals are so darn good, makes this really pleasant to play. This is combo with the gameplay results in a game with a really nice flow.

Last edited by touchy85; 05-18-2016 at 11:57 AM.

05-18-2016, 02:47 PM
Hmmm. Looks like a pretty good auto runner high score chaser kinda game!
05-18-2016, 02:49 PM
Looks & sounds good, downloading already!
05-18-2016, 04:19 PM
It fails to register quick swipes pretty often, especially jumps after a side movement. I would like to have an alternate control scheme with tap left/right for movement and swipes only for jump and fire.
05-18-2016, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvianna View Post
It fails to register quick swipes pretty often, especially jumps after a side movement. I would like to have an alternate control scheme with tap left/right for movement and swipes only for jump and fire.
I Totaly agree on this point! It's not always responsive and in a reflex based game like this it's not a cool thing.
Also I understand that you have to put songs by default but what if I don't really like that genre? Would it be possible to use my own music instead? I especially mention that because when you lose you have to play right from the beginning so I really hope you like the first song because you'll hear it every time you play. Yes there is a Challenge mode where you can chose your song but I didn't buy it yet so I don't know if you replay the same song again and again of if you simply play the chosen song and try to make a 100% perfect run.

Also to notice, I though I would be moving according to the brats but in fact it's more the "beats" who are disposed according to the rhythm. Interesting idea but it makes slow music really hard to play because before you accumulate enough energy to charge up a slot, a new enemy might appear. It is in fact a nice idea for making hard levels where you have to gather everything you can and aim well, but it feels strange to be in a tense moment with a relaxing music in the background : it should be the other way around.

But overall, the gameplay is like the other auto runners with 3 lanes (change the lane, jump, and fire behind are the 3 main movements). The graphics are really pleasing, simple but it gives a certain ergonomy.
Only problem would be the lack of feeling the relation between player movements and music. And maybe also the songs (8 in total if I'm correct) but it could be arrange if we can use our own music (I really don't like that type of music but even that makes me like the game anyway). I'll definitely keep that game and see how it evolves.

Last edited by Ringerill; 05-18-2016 at 06:06 PM.
05-18-2016, 09:37 PM
Nice vid touchy, a pro as always. The timing looks off....can't tell if that's a slight delay in audio to video.

Ringerill, thanks for the in depth imps. I'm wondering if what I saw in the vid is a weird delay from beat to input, which would go along with what u stated.

Idk, I kind of want to find this on itunes now....surprised they wouldn't put this out as a soundtrack
05-18-2016, 09:47 PM
For some reason I don't have any music? Anyone else have this problem? I'm on iPhone 6s.
05-18-2016, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarfa View Post
For some reason I don't have any music? Anyone else have this problem? I'm on iPhone 6s.
I didn't have music until I hit the first zone. U have to play thru the tutorial and then pass a checkpoint and then the music begins.

On another note, controls feel spot-on. No lags from swipes, no missed inputs from my playthrough, and the only timing required is literally from jumps and left/right swipes, and there is no down swipe needed from what I've experienced. Played into the 3rd song on story and got crushed pretty quick. The difficulty ramps up fast. Good game though, I can't really fault what's here, although an option to play from ur library seems like a must have
05-18-2016, 11:10 PM
Downloaded this about 30 minutes ago, it plays great. I also didn't have music until after the tutorial, would be cool to have at least a drum beat in that spot but not a big deal.

Really good job!