★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Castle Cats [Beta is live - Feedback wanted!]

05-20-2016, 07:22 AM
Castle Cats [Beta is live - Feedback wanted!]

Hi everypawdy!

Castle Cats (previously known as Garrison Cats) is finally in TestFlight BETA!!!

iOS Beta: I've already invited everyone who signed up before, if you didn't receive a redeem code - or want to sign up - please let me know!

Android Beta: We're fortunate enough to be 1 of the 14 games selected to be part of Google Play's new Early Access program that they recently announced on Google I/O 2016.

----
Official Description:

Build your very own guild of feline warriors in Castle Cats!
Recruit legendary heroes and daring adventurers - help the cats manage their guild and send them off on epic quests to collect sweet rewards!
But beware - the Evil Pugomancer's darkness is spreading like wildfire and it's your grand mission to save the kingdom of Catania!

Sending cats on quest!

Collect all the cats!

Best story dialogue EVER!!

Core Gameplay:

Castle Cats is an Idle/Time Management game where the goal for the player is to collect cats with the desired skills to send them out on regular and epic story quests while farming materials that are needed for e.g. guild upgrades. The quest reward consists of XP, Gold and special materials, these are needed to upgrade your heroes. By evolving your heroes, you unlock traits and other skill sets to make them more powerful - and you need to be powerful to be able to defeat The Evil Pugomancer!

Gaah, Pugomancer is such a dog!!

Important:
Since Castle Cats is in Beta there may be performance issues and bugs. We are working on it and would appreciate if you would leave feedback in PM, or send them here: contact@pocappstudios.com

Social Medias:
Facebook
Twitter
Website
Reddit

I hope you will enjoy the beta!

Best regards,
Tim

Last edited by PocApp Studios; 09-23-2016 at 02:48 AM.
05-20-2016, 07:34 AM
Look very nice
send please promo code ^)

05-20-2016, 07:52 AM
Hi, Castle Cats is TestFlight beta, if you PM me your email I can add you to it!
05-20-2016, 01:47 PM
I'm not sure what I expected.. more graphics or gameplay, maybe? I'm not sure. I'm a little disappointed that there's not any animation for quests and such.
05-22-2016, 05:45 AM
I already sent you feedback over TestFlight but let me do some more:

- I did. It know how to collect the resources at first. I repeatedly clicked on the bubbles instead of the things themselves.
- I almost did not find the resources on the far right
- then I have to agree with the post above: the gameplay is extemly basic and after 1-2 minutes you need to take a break of several minutes already. Everytime. The sidequests have no narrative at all, no combat/gameplay to speak of. As is it is basically "wait for timer y to run out and then start timer y" since and repeat. This is basically every f2p game out there minus the actual gameplay. I am baffled because...
- ... The graphics look nice and there is a charm about this game that makes me really liking it. I just wish there was more to it. It is in fact so bare bone basic, that I just started it up again to see if I was missing something but I just could not find anything to do after like 3-4 minutes.

I think I am missing what your goal with this game is at the moment cause I highly doubt that in a market of f2p timers in most games, one would download and play a game with nothing more to do than manage timers. Again. This game has a wonderful vibe to it, it seems to be super quality on the surface but the gameplay is incredibly repetitive, one sided and just dull.

Sorry for the relatively harsh words, but I think honesty is the only thing that will help you guys.

I am looking forward to the changes you will make. It has potential.
05-23-2016, 09:51 PM
Minor issue. In the introductory bit, when you put the conan card into play it says something along the lines of "now it makes the chance" and then just cuts off.

Not a big deal, but still...

Also, I have to agree with the others here. I cleared rats, but there was nothing saying something cute and satisfying, like "The shopkeeper was thankful... And we got a good meal to boot!" Or some other similar type thing.

There also appears to be no reason why I'm gathering cats and doing good deeds. I love the idea of gathering cats and doing good deeds. I'd just like to know why.

Last edited by ludka33; 05-23-2016 at 09:58 PM.
05-24-2016, 06:37 AM
Hi everyone! Thank you for taking the time to write feedback. It is very appreciated!

I just want to clear some things up:
- Castle Cats is an idle-management game where the player builds their own "army" of cats in order to defeat The Evil Pugomancer.
- The goal is therefor to 1) Collect cats and 2) Finish all story quests.

We are working on different ways to make the game more interactable but it will still have that same core idle feature. That means that it'll continue to have the format of a "check-in" game much like Neko Atsume but with a much bigger scope.

We will try to give the game a bigger sense of purpose by balancing the game further as well as make the story-element more apparent to the player.

Please don't hesitate to write if you have more feedback!

Best Regards,
Tim

Last edited by PocApp Studios; 05-24-2016 at 06:46 AM.
05-24-2016, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwincelowicz View Post
I'm not sure what I expected.. more graphics or gameplay, maybe? I'm not sure. I'm a little disappointed that there's not any animation for quests and such.
Hi!
By animations and such - what do you mean? Could you give us an example of what you'd like to see?

Best,
Tim
05-24-2016, 07:39 AM
Looks/sounds like a perfect game for me! With two kids, wife, my dog, and work it is hard to play hours and hours in a game. I can check in while going to the bathroom. The choice for cats as the heroes is very interesting. Did you see the news article/study about 6 months ago about cats? Summary; the cats would eat you if we weren't bigger. The Pugomancer is a good choice for the villain.
05-24-2016, 09:08 AM
Sure -

As an idle-management game, I was expecting maybe a small window appears, or the screen transitions to something we can watch as the Cats battle it out with whoever it is they're fighting. Or, if it's a gathering quest, maybe the Cat is shown digging for herbs, or mining, or whatever. Something to watch instead of a timer counting down to tell you whether you pass or fail, I guess.

Originally, I was kind of under the impression it was going to be more of an RPG or a guild manager with some battle elements as described above. I feel like adding some type of "action" we can watch, not even so much participate or interact with, would definitely add some good quality to this.

I'm not sure I have a good point of reference or example to provide you. The best I can say is.. being able to watch the characters in action would be great. Adding fun little emotes or something on the Cats as they progress through the quest they're assigned would be cool too.

Anyway.. I'll continue testing it.