★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Top 5 Any Genre

05-20-2016, 09:36 AM
Top 5 Any Genre

As the title says, your top five of any genre, even really specific, made-up genres like "Top 5 6.5mb games". They don't have to be set in stone- I know I'd have different lists tomorrow and the day after, or maybe even in five minutes time- but they can be fun to see, plus I'm sure a few people will get a few buying cues from some of them. Oh, and they have to be on IOS (ports are welcome). Feel free to best my lists on any genres. Shouldn't be too hard to do

I'll start with...

Rogue-Likes

Dream Quest
I Keep Having This Dream
868 Hack/Imbroglio (Will see if Imbroglio lasts the long haul with time)
Wayward Souls
Hmm, it'll be tough to choose between Hoplite, FTL, Power Grounds and Cavern, but I'll go with the latter for enduring so long.

Platformers

Mutant Mudds
Goblin Sword
Castle of Illusion
Thomas Was Alone
Leo's Fortune... Hmm, actually I might put Munch's Oddyssee here instead 'cause I think its port is kinda underrated, and I should have at least one 3D platformer here

Point & Click/Adventure Games

Grim Fandango
Botanicula
Kairo
Gemini Rue
Tormentum

Oy, I'm already feeling all King Solomony here. Over to you guys!
05-20-2016, 09:42 AM
Lol OK I came back to add one more.

Dual Stick Shooters

Isotope
Space Marshals
Inferno 2
Meltdown
Starborn Anarkist

05-20-2016, 09:48 AM
Buying Kairo. Thanks for bringing this to my atention.

No love for Swordigo? It is my #1 platformer (at least the ones I've played yet).
05-20-2016, 10:00 AM
Man, there are an insane amount to choose from. Swordigo would be up there, but I'm kicking myself right now for forgetting Emberwind. Controls may be a bit stiff, but I love that game so much.

Also, it looks like Kairo was wiped off the appstore and my purchase history. Not a happy camper right now.

Last edited by sinagog; 05-20-2016 at 10:16 AM.
05-20-2016, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinagog View Post
Also, it looks like Kairo was wiped off the appstore and my purchase history. Not a happy camper right now.
That is shame. I've read the TA review and it sounded fantastic.

Well, that's digital gaming problems.
05-20-2016, 10:15 AM
One more. Metroidvania

Aquaria
Astronot
Tales From Deep Space (not sure people are aware that this is essentially a Metroidvania, and a really good one)
Shantae
Hmm, close call between Nubs' Adventure and Swordigo, but I'll go with Swordigo for Dankrio's sake
05-20-2016, 10:55 AM
Obvious one: JRPGs.

The World Ends With You - simply my favourite game on iOS
Final Fantasy IX - great game in the series anyway, but doubly deserves its place for being a great port
Ys Chronicles I and II - because you have to take them as a set...
Dragon Quest VIII - perhaps not everybody's favourite DQ, but a 3D PS2 game on iOS? Incredible
Lunar Silver Star Story - er, mainly because I couldn't just have another Square Enix game (sorry, Chaos Rings and Chrono Trigger)
05-20-2016, 11:11 AM
Ooh, another one: ARPGS...

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite - No 1
Titan Quest - I'm taking this one on trust, as my backlog is too huge for me to tackle it just now
Crashlands - I'm fudging definitions a bit maybe, but there's action and you upgrade and develop your character, right?
Ys Chronicles 1 and 2 - ain't nothing wrong with a little bump and grind
Implosion: Never Lose Hope - magnificent

Apologies to Bastion and Transistor...
05-20-2016, 11:17 AM
Great list, also. Well, maybe it is time to start playing Implosion. Everyone says nothing but a lot of nice things about the game.

Also, I need to buy Ys ASAP.
05-20-2016, 03:17 PM
Top 5 soccer)
1) Flick kick football
2) Soccer Stars
3) SSC 2015 (if got name right)
4) Head Soccer
5) New Star soccer.