★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

He Likes The Darkness (IOS) Price Drop 1.99$ > FREE

05-20-2016, 05:09 PM
He Likes The Darkness (IOS) Price Drop 1.99$ > FREE

Play IOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/he-likes-the-darkness/id723411897?mt=8

We Create Games for iOS and Android

Last edited by TakeNewGames; 05-20-2016 at 05:11 PM.
05-20-2016, 06:12 PM
Havent tried it, but IAP has a level timer off. I hate timers. That sounds very suspicious.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer

05-20-2016, 06:57 PM
timer is set properly

timer is set properly, you have enough time to pass each level

05-20-2016, 07:48 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeNewGames View Post
timer is set properly, you have enough time to pass each level
This made me lol
05-22-2016, 02:00 AM
How is this a PAID app??
I got this game a long while back and decided to reinstall after reading this thread.
There are ads!! Of course you can purchase an IAP to remove them.
Oh wait... You can purchase another IAP to unlock characters... (I believe you can unlock the characters with the coins you earn in the game)
And then of course another IAP (the one mentioned here...) to remove the annoying sounding timer.

The reason I wrote this; is because the IAP for ads IS NOT disclosed in the app description. Only the the info about the timers is disclosed. It is different (and honest) if it is disclosed. Otherwise, people are paying for a game with ads without knowing about it ahead of time.

Of course.... If the 'price drop' is a permanent one.. Then what I wrote is a little different.
But.... Then how is it really a free app if this is the case?

Last edited by Lavender; 05-22-2016 at 02:03 AM.
05-22-2016, 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavender View Post
How is this a PAID app??
I got this game a long while back and decided to reinstall after reading this thread.
There are ads!! Of course you can purchase an IAP to remove them.
Oh wait... You can purchase another IAP to unlock characters... (I believe you can unlock the characters with the coins you earn in the game)
And then of course another IAP (the one mentioned here...) to remove the annoying sounding timer.

The reason I wrote this; is because the IAP for ads IS NOT disclosed in the app description. Only the the info about the timers is disclosed. It is different (and honest) if it is disclosed. Otherwise, people are paying for a game with ads without knowing about it ahead of time.

Of course.... If the 'price drop' is a permanent one.. Then what I wrote is a little different.
But.... Then how is it really a free app if this is the case?

It's worse if it's a permanent pricedrop, if you have previously purchased the app.
05-22-2016, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
It's worse if it's a permanent pricedrop, if you have previously purchased the app.
Well.... I'm used to that. There are plenty of times I have made an early purchase when a game 1st comes out to support the dev. And then later it changes to freemium. Usually because they are not making much money. So... It is what it is.
Besides; I'm rewarded in many other ways here at Touch Arcade. Notices of free games. Promo codes. Early access. And friendships.

I responders post because the iaps were not all disclosed. I played the game and was surprised by the ads especially when the title of the thread states that it is a price drop. Just letting people know. That's all...

Is is still a great game.... I just won't pay for ads in a PAID game.

Last edited by Lavender; 05-22-2016 at 05:32 PM.
05-25-2016, 12:11 PM
This is a paid game, when it is paid, you do not have Ads, ads off automatically ....
when is an action PRICE DROP game and temporarily becomes a free - it have ads
If you buy this game - you can restore purchased for remove ads

05-25-2016, 05:18 PM
Quote:
This is a paid game, when it is paid, you do not have Ads, ads off automatically ....
I did pay for the game a long while back. So... I'll check the restore part.

But, many many people will disagree and state that a 'price drop' on a game that usually does not have ads, but then does on the price drop, does not mean it's free. Instead it is deceiving if it is not disclosed. Simple as that.

The price of the game is still there; in the IAP instead of the actual game price. It was switched. Therefore: Not free.
05-25-2016, 08:50 PM
Quote:
You cant restore purchases if the game has no in-app purchases or you've made none!