Steam users.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Takeo_Masaki, May 21, 2016.

1. Takeo_Masaki

Takeo_Masaki Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Student
    England
    Hey everyone. I have been away for a while from this place. I mainly use steam nowadays and I was looking to get a few people I was friends with from here onto my steam friends list. Feel free to post your username, thanks

P.s. Does anyone know if the awesome PeteOzzy uses steam he hasn't been active here for a long time and I liked him...

2. Takeo_Masaki

Nov 21, 2014
    Student
    England
    My name on steam is Broseph... It may be hard to find me tho lol cos there's a lot of brosephs

3. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

I don't really use Steam as much as I could, but I hope some more people see this thread.

4. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    I could be totally wrong but I think PeteOzzy was banned from TA and he might now be involved with Pocket Gamer.

5. Takeo_Masaki

Nov 21, 2014
    Student
    England
    Why on earth was he banned :(

6. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    I'm on steam but mostly only play indies. Too lazy to upgrade computer.

7. Takeo_Masaki

Nov 21, 2014
    Student
    England
    I have a lot of games, many of which I cannot run lol but I like a good indie... I mainly play skyrim, rocket league or black ops 2

8. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

tl;dr basically amounts to we made him a moderator and he used those privileges and access to the TouchArcade back-end to go hog wild screen shotting all sorts of confidential stuff and sending said screenshots to previously banned TA forum trolls, single handedly creating what was easily the biggest forum drama bomb I've had to deal with during my tenure here at TouchArcade. Better yet, this all happened while we were at E3, and already slammed with other things. Dealing with this idiocy had a direct impact on our E3 coverage as well as instead of previewing games and posting videos we were dealing with all this garbage.

The guy is either very young, mentally ill, or both. I still just kind of sit here and blink in total disbelief at everything he and his friends did when I'm reminded of it.

9. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

You should make a documentary.

10. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

####in' tell me about it.

11. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Pete was sticking up for Bronxsta who he believed was banned without just cause. I certainly don't condone what Pete did and while I wasn't privy to all of the details of that situation I think speaking about him that way is incredibly disrespectful; Pete contributed a lot to Touch Arcade and deserves better.

12. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

Spend weeks of your life dealing with people willing to email all sorts of crazy things to everyone and anyone because they got banned from a cell phone video game forum, then we'll talk.

13. Takeo_Masaki

Nov 21, 2014
    Student
    England
    Lol the banter. Thanks for explaining... Doesn't seem like him really does it :( shame. I think I found him on steam, I'll ask him about it see what he had to say (if it's really him)

14. Takeo_Masaki

Nov 21, 2014
    Student
    England
    I mean hell... He made me this avatar!

15. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

If you do, please don't follow up here, at least not publicly. I don't want to open this can of worms again, everyone involved (thankfully) seems to have gone away.

16. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    I, personally, would still love to see Pete and Bronxsta back. Both never had a real pop at anyone, as far as I could see. I'm sure and hope they're doing fine though. Wednesday middays have never been the same here in the UK without PeteOzzy no matter how hard anyone tries.

17. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    You realise that I've been doing exactly what Pete did for over a year before he was even a member, right?
    There were others, too, but "what he did" wasn't anything special.

Right now, Apple has changed how Wednesday night releases work. Instead of making them all come out at a single convenient time, everything just trickles out over the space of ~8 hours like water from a particularly annoying leaky tap. I still spend a couple of hours scanning for releases every Wednesday, but it's a slog through hundreds of crap to find a single new release.

18. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing TouchArcade forum members that PeteOzzy invented the iTunes link.

19. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Ha. I know, right?

20. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    I also don't want to open this can of worms, but wanted to pop in to clarify that PeteOzzy is not banned, he's free to log into the forums whenever he wants. He chose to leave and never come back. He was, however, de-modded after grossly misusing his powers and stabbing everyone who works at TA in the back.

Bronxsta got caught up in the middle of that shit storm and actually had the opportunity to be allowed back before he took his anti-TA campaign way over the line and basically made it impossible for us to ever let him back.