★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Volume slider bounces after game playing

10-09-2009, 08:51 PM
Volume slider bounces after game playing

I've got this problem for awhile now (I think since 3.0 came out). After playing certain games (so far: Homerun Battle 3d, Arkanoid and Space Invaders Infinity), when I leave the game and then play music, the volume slider gets wacky. After I change the volume, the slider snaps back to where it started. This behavior continues until I shut the iPod down. As I said, I believe that this problem began after I installed 3.0 on my first Gen iPod Touch. I've since bought a 3rd gen touch, and it has the same problem.

I'm starting this thread in the hope that other users with the same problem will list their OS and games. My belief is that the root cause will be OS 3.
10-09-2009, 08:55 PM
It has happened to me as well, I'm on 3.1.1 on a iPod Touch 3rd gen. Unfortunately I don't remember what game it happened with.
10-09-2009, 09:29 PM
Hi, I registered for an account here so I could reply to your post... For me, this problem occurs after I play Dungeon Hunter, not sure if I'm the only one with this problem. But I guessed that it somehow messes up the iPod application on my iPhone, so instead of shutting down my iPhone, I just shut the application down.

If you don't already know how to shut down applications, for 3.xx firmware, you hold the power button till the power off slider comes on, then you let go of the power button and hold the home button till the app shuts itself down. Your volume slider should be back to normal after that
10-09-2009, 09:40 PM
that way works for me too. it really does it randomly to me though.

Artist and dev for Team Dropkick
10-09-2009, 10:04 PM
that hasnt happened to me yet. but that might have been fixed in the 3.1.2 update