★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: A brilliantly simple and original puzzle game. Connect the pipes, no open ends, leave 3 stars, that's it!
400+ puzzles will guide you from beginner to expert, ready to face your ultimate challenge... The Blockpocalypse. Download and play for free now!

"Piping hot game - Good for the brain. A game about making connections. Each level is incredibly satisfying. Love the look. Love the music. Love it!" - bybijabrain, May 2016.

made-up software's comments:

Connected

made-up software
Genres: Games Puzzle Family
GAME CENTER ENABLED
Free

Hello everyone, I'm pleased to show you my puzzle game 'Connected', available now to play for free in the App Store. A lot of puzzle games are too complicated and just feel like work. I tried to hit the sweet spot of simple, not too easy, but not overwhelming either. Kind of like a 'brain doodle'. I'd love to know what you think!

itunes link

05-26-2016, 11:34 AM
Disgraceful

I don't know why everyone is saying this game is so good. It's an absolute disgrace.

It made me so angry I punched my fist through a window, and then when that didn't make me feel any better, I punched my fist back through the next window so I could punch myself in the face.

Do not play this game.

Pipey McPipeface

DO NOT MESS WITH ME

Last edited by pipey_mc_pipeface; 05-26-2016 at 11:39 AM.

05-28-2016, 09:39 AM
Ignore the poster above me... You can't just say a game is terrible and then give no reason.

Personally, I think this game is FANTASTIC.
I'm loving this game. The puzzles have a beautiful elegance, despite the illusion of complexity from several pieces. The final pipe structures are always so satisfying to behold.
I think the puzzles have unique three star solutions, which as a puzzle fanatic I really really appreciate. There are a lot of levels so it's obvious there is some computer assisted design, but nothing really feels like filler, every puzzle has personality.

It's very generous with free levels too, I think there are only 4-5 paid packs out of 20 or so. It even gives you the option of unlocking them all with a Facebook share, so you don't need to spend a cent... But I'd recommend you support this game, it's one of the better puzzle releases recently.

Highly recommended, it isn't a great looking game but I play puzzle games for the puzzles and this certainly delivers.
05-28-2016, 05:13 PM
Hi TheGreatEscaper,
Thank you so much for your comment, it's great to know you liked the game. It's so difficult to get reviews or feedback these days, so I really do appreciate that you took the time.

The levels are actually all handmade! but I did spend a lot of time on the level designer so it's fairly quick to create them.

I wonder if I could ask you about your comments on the look of the game, (and if you do reply please don't pull any punches!). When you say it's not a great looking game, what do you mean? For instance, I tried to do a good job of creating a 'simple' style, so I'm wondering if I did a poor job of creating a simple style, or more that a simple style doesn't really cut it these days and I need to get a proper theme for the game.. 'super candy jelly pipes' !!? So I know the look could be better, and it's not a "this game looks amazing" game, but if it's not even a "this game looks interesting" game, and it's actually a "this game looks cheap" game then I need to do something about it...

Thanks

Rory
05-28-2016, 07:45 PM
Haha sorry I didn't mean the game looks bad, I just meant the game is very plain. For example, a recent puzzle release was Warp Shift and you can't deny that game looks nice. However, I didn't buy that one because the puzzle design didn't appeal to me (it was all based on minimal moves).
There's nothing wrong with looking plain apart from the fact that a lot of people might pass simply based on it being plain. The first thing that draws people in is eye-candy. But please, no 'super candy jelly pipes'!!!!! I like a more minimalist look. Perhaps taking the minimalism even further could work?
Like I said there's nothing wrong with your game looking plain as the puzzles are all very nice, looking forward to the blockpocalypse haha!

By computer assisted design I meant that there was some kind of verifying program. For example, you might make the shape of the completed structure and the computer selects the piece shapes to guarantee a unique solution. Or, you input the pieces and intended shape and the computer places the stars to guarantee a unique solution. If you did do every step by hand then colour me impressed!

Last edited by TheGreatEscaper; 05-28-2016 at 07:50 PM.
05-29-2016, 06:02 PM
Nicely done! I like the visuals. Just played the tutorial, and I like the puzzles so far.
05-29-2016, 08:02 PM
I just three starred the whole blockpocalypse! That was a load of fun :P